How to create a new account using email from a previously deleted OSM account?

I found a problem in creating a new account. Previously I deleted my openstreetmap account, then I wanted to create a new account with the previous email, but I couldn’t because there was a message “email has already been taken”. I also tried to reset the password from the login page using the previous email, but did not receive any email from openstreetmap. Is there another way I can create a new account using my previous email? Or is it true that you can’t and have to create an account using another email? Thank you.

You will need to contact support@openstreetmap.org for assistance - they can either reopen your old account or release the email address for reuse.

If you are using Gmail, you can enter an email alias by appending “+” to your base email address, e.g. yolo+osm@gmail.com. All messages to this address will appear in your regular inbox (presuming Gmail doesn’t think they are spam), and OSM will recognize it as a different email address and thus allow you to create a new account.

have you checked spam folder?