How shop with prepared meals can be tagged?

Um, how does that differ from existing (and quite popular) takeaway=* tag? It seems synonym to me, and takeaway=* is much more used.

takeaway=* is being used not only for amenity=fast_food but also for amenity=restaurant, shop=bakery, amenity=cafe and others

But it does seem to imply it is ready to eat - but that is also the trait it shares with Take-out (which seems to be GB/US equivalents)

Yes. So it is a shop=* to me too, not amenity=restaurant nor amenity=fast_food - as you cannot eat it immediately.

That makes sense to me. Tag it more generally with shop=food, and then add food=* qualifications if the answer is clear enough – e.g. does frozen pizza or frozen lasagne count as “prepared meal” or do we need special categories for (unprocessed or half-processed “frozen meals”)? Some might be finished in 10 minutes, some need half an hour or more. What about preprocessed and packed soups and goulash (in liquid form)? Those are also not-ready-to-eat without preparing, but basically needs 3-5 min heatup only. But then dried soup or ramen does not need much more time (sometimes even less down to 2-5 minutes), yet it seems wrong to call them “prepared meal” in that context. Then there are filled gnocci and pierogi-alike (half-cooked or not cooked) things being kept in the cold (but not in the freezer), that also need shorter heatup or somewhat much longer cooking, depending.

1 Like