Heavy vandalism by user Namazov

User Namazov is doing heavy vandalism in the Nagorno-Karabakh region. As a background info, Nagorno-Karabakh is a disputed region between Azerbaijan and pro-Armenian separatists. It is inhabitated by Armenians and almost entirely controlled by the separatists. All signs are in Armenian. There are no signs in the Azeri language. According to our on the ground rule, we should use Armenian in the main name tag.

This user is mass-deleting Armenian names, even when they’re only in name:hy. He is changing place names in clearly abusive way, for example he renamed the name of the city of Askeran to “Əsgəran (Azərbaycan)”. For some street names, he invented completely new names. For example “Stepan Shahumyan street” was changed to “Khankendi street” (see here. These edits are purely vandalism to me and make OSM unusable in this region.

Someone must stop him from further edits like these.

Hi Maturi0n,

Could you drop a mail to data@osmfoundation.org with details of the problem changesets that you’re aware of, and specific examples of problems with those changesets? I’m sure that you’re familiar with the local situation (and the political impact of some of the changes) than we are, and it’d be great if you could send through what details you can.

What we’d normally also suggest where there are problems with changesets is for people to comment in the changeset discussions. Given the political sensitivity in this case there may be reasons why you wouldn’t feel able to do that, which we’d totally understand - but if you do feel able to comment on problem changes please do so.

Best Regards,

Andy (from the Data Working Group)

Hi Maturi0n,

I notice you’ve changed some of the tags on http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/234280798/history back but not int_name. If you have a list of the problem changesets we can do a full revert.

Best Regards,

Andy