Fixing incorrect junctions on roundabouts in Ireland

Hi everyone,

My team at TomTom is continuing to look into issues in the map that we can fix to help improve the road network in Ireland. We have identified 73 situations in which two or more highways are connected to the same node on a roundabout, which conflicts with the mapping conventions for ways connecting to roundabouts (documented on the OSM wiki). Fixing these cases helps improve the navigation experience in routing applications relying on OSM data, specifically the guidance when entering or exiting a roundabout.

To allow our editing team to assess and, if needed, correct these situations, we’ve created a MapRoulette challenge: “Fix Incorrect Junctions on Roundabouts”.
Our editors may pick up this challenge in a couple of weeks or so. As always, it is public, so anyone who’s interested can take a look at the potential issues we detected.

If you have any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to let me know.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Marjan

Unfortunately a time and again and regrettable the last time a MapRoulette challenge visited my zone to map missing roundabouts it led to exactly these being created and the overzealous drawing of roundabout where mini or circular were called for, no all-round precedence, no non-crossable central island.

The challenge has already been completed. A big thank you to everyone who contributed!