Finland - Fix Incorrect Junctions on Roundabouts

Hello Finland OpenStreetMap Community,

I’m excited to introduce a new MapRoulette challenge type (Finland - Fix Incorrect Junctions on Roundabouts : MapRoulette). We’ve developed new checks aimed at identifying and correcting cases where two or more highways are connected to the same node on a roundabout. According to the OSM wiki documentation, highways entering and exiting a roundabout should never connect to the same node on that roundabout.

Why is this important? Fixing such situations will enable routing applications that rely on OSM data to correctly recognize the situation, providing improved guidance when entering or exiting a roundabout. The Leads were detected based on a query of OSM data. We compared the number of highways entering and exiting a roundabout to find situations with a high number of highways or a low number of highways that are part of junction=roundabout or junction=circular. We excluded pedestrian paths, cycleways and roads that are located on different levels (bridges, tunnels).

I trust you’ll find this challenge valuable for enhancing OpenStreetMap in Finland.

There are currently 231 tasks distributed throughout the country. If you believe it adds value, we may be able to add more tasks.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
Salim, TomTom

Hmmm…

• “Map what’s on the ground”
  • “Roundabouts should be build according to OSM mapping rules”

I have seen one of those sentences frequently mentioned in OSM , but which one was it…

Found it!

I think I’ll skip this task.