Yesterday I tried uploading my first set of tracks. I’d used a Garmin gpsmap 60cx. I didnt create saved tracks file which I believe deletes time information. I uploaded into map source. I saved tracks as a gpx file using mapsource. I uploaded track (trace) to openstreemap, but I got an error message email back.
Are there any known mistakes I’m making? I’ve read about the problems with some saved files missing time stamps. But I cant work out what I’m doing wrong.
I uploaded a .txt version of my gpx file to the following link
I’ve uploaded the email I got saying I’ve done it wrong at the following link
It looks like some German users have the same problem (including myself): http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=3036
I did the same as always: Download of data from GPSr with MapSource. Editing the traks and save as GPX-File. Open the new file with WordPad and replace the current date via “search and replace”). Upload the file via http://www.openstreetmap.org/traces .
Might be full discs… Not sure, but someone said they had problems atm. The GPX looks ok on the surface.
Bad file descriptor - /usr/bin/file -bz /home/osm/gpx/114330.gpx
And this error message seem to indicate a problem with files on the server.
But cant tell for sure…
It was a problem with the server. It looks to be working fine now.
yes, I tried it again yesterday evening and it worked.
But I couldnt connect to the wiki site to read through map features and editing stuff
I’ve just checked now, and the wiki site is once again accessible.
I’ll think I’ll concentrate for now on adding street names & features in my area of London (Crystal Palace). Its not one of the best covered areas in London.