I’m puzzled how to delete a map from an Etrex device’s onboard storage (SD Card not in context). ]
Not to disable the map, and not to replace the map with a very small tile depicting the Lake Vostok station.
I want this map DELETED!!! And I can’t seem to be able to do it
Here’s the scenario:
-I have an Etrex30 which has onboard storage and an SD Card. Specifically:
- I presently use the SD Card for all map uploads
- When I was younger and dumber, I did update my internal storage a few times. Hence this post.
-Using MapSource, I have loaded the onboard storage with an OSM map using MapSource. Specifically:
- I downloaded an .exe version of this map from (http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/)
- Installed this map on my computer
- Modified the tile selection using MapSource
- Renamed the map to Japan_OSM
- Loaded this Map onto the onboard storage within the Etrex device. Once again, this map is called Japan_OSM.
-After much travel and having the great urge to clean-up my device, I tried a multitude of things in order to DELETE Japan_OSM. Specifically:
- I tried disabling Japan_OSM and this works. But this is not a DELETE!
- I tried replacing Japan_OSM with a much smaller and far-away tile. But this is not a DELETE!
- I tried deleting Japan_OSM by connecting the Etrex30 to my computer and browsing the unit as a storage device. Hehehehe and quickly found out that you can’t do that with an Etrex
- I tried using MapSource and BaseCamp to delete Japan_OSM. Hehehehe and quickly found out that you can’t do that
So, I’m stuck…and I want this map DELETED!!!
Is it really possible that the smart folks at Garmin have decided that a complete map DELETE is simply an underused function? lol