Different data on different zoom levels

Hi,

I’m nivaOne and new in the forum but a mapper since 2011.
I only use the in-browser editor. My contributions have been rather simple/easy.

My goal is to improve the information in the region I live. Next to that I have a focus on the maxspeed attribute as this often seems to be ignored, not present or faulty. Where possible I add as an many ALPR (ANPR) as well as Fietszone details. The latter is quite hard as the legislation has changed earlier this year (street is now zone, in combination with missing F111 / F113 signs for instance.)

I have recently removed some companies that are no longer existing or have moved to another location. Often other companies have moved in, which I have then added afterwards. I notice however that these companies still remain visible on OSM. More particular only on certain zoom levels. On other zoom levels the new companies seem to appear.

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong here? Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

It is always a combination of delay by the tile-server and your local browser cache. Force download up-to-date tiles by bypassing your cache (mostly by pressing shift-key when reload web page).

1 Like

Thank you for the prompt reply.
Looks to no avail at this moment. I have cleared the cache and buffers.
I have now also installed a browser which I have not used in years (Opera). Same issue.
Not sure if it has something to do with delays in the server(s) or data which has been added via an automated script in the past and which is hard to remove with the standard in-browser tool?

Could you share the link to one of those locations where the map doesn’t seem to update

This is expected. The tiles will update eventually.

Hereby the link. The site is where the 2 canals come together

Link

Hi nivaOne,

Slightly off topic, but if you live in Flanders, you might be interested in our traffic sign project. It helps us keep track of new cyclestreets (and all sorts of other things). Context here, maproulette task here

Hi Joost,

I’ve made some mods in the meantime. To make sure I’m doing it as good as possible some questions.
I noticed that often the sign that is mentioned in MR just is not or no longer present. I can’t really say that I fixed it nor that it is not an issue. I just used “not an issue” incl. comment and moved on, I hope that this is fine. And MR tag (what should be used in that field)?
I also found a link to a shared geopunt page. The data in there seems completely outdated (at least the region I have worked on). It is so outdated that I cannot recommend using it at all.
What about vlaanderen.verkeersborden did anyone manage to get access to it (any city willing to provide access to one of us already)?

regards,

Hi nivaone,
Not an issue + a comment is perfect. And indeed, this is a recurrent thing, that some sings disappear quite quickly!
And yes, if you look at the map on the page I linked, you’ll see that the data is only up to date in some areas. But the data we use and is shown there is in fact that very same verkeersborden.vlaanderen. It’s just that we do some smart filtering to get just the relevant data.
If you mean: directly editing the official traffic sign data, well yes, it has happened that someone who volunteers here was allowed to also edit the official data. But that was only because they had some official relationship anyway. Always worth offering though, I guess.