Customizing uMap

Hi,
Please is a way to change the theme of uMap, can I use additional plugins to enrich the map.

1 Like

Hi,

what would you like to do or what look would you like to achieve?

When editing the map, with the “Change tilelayers” button you can select the style of the underlying basemap. There are lots of options:

On the uMap start page it shows the recently published maps. If you press “More”, you can see more examples. You will find the different styles that map editors used. Maybe one of them can serve as inspiration?

2 Likes

Yes I can easily change the base map that is not a problem. What I’m asking is can I have a satellite image as my base map? And is possible to change the look and feel of the user interface?

1 Like

If you go to :gear: Edit map settings › Custom background you have the option to enter the URL of a custom background map tile provider.

ESRI World Imagery would work, but you need to check their Terms of Service if you can use it for your purpose.

Maptiler is a commercial provider who offer a satellite layer. They have a free tier which might be enough for your case.

To change the look and feel of the user interface, check out :gear: Edit map settings › User interface options where you can control several of the UI elements.

If you were thinking about changing colors of the UI, logos and so on, that would be possible if you self-host uMap. See Customize your uMap style - uMap

1 Like

Thanks, this was just what I needed.

1 Like