Consuming highway=path, Take 2

Hi

Guilty as charged! Although, I sound even more hyperbolic if you cut my quote mid-sentence. The rest of that sentence was:

So, yeah. From a highway=cycleway tag alone I might infer that the surface is probably not ground or dirt, that its smoothness is probably not bad or horrible and that its at least as wide as most handlebars. That’s not enough for me and my beloved roadie. So I threat these Duck Tagged cycleways as impassable, and drop them from my routes.

More to the point & topic at hand: couldn’t one similarly say that a highway=path is OK, because you clearly can walk on all of the examples posted? It’s true that you might not want to take your leather-soled Oxfords to some of them (compare: “you might not want to take your road bike to all the Duck Tagged cycleways”). I mean, didn’t this fellow report that he “survived” the SAC path?

That we need to emphasize the importance of the extra descriptive tags on highways is a very important point! In my opinion they are also just as valuable on all (or most) highways other than paths.