Can't read a private message, but it stays in my inbox as "unread message"

I have a private message in my PM inbox. It seems to be an auto-generated PM after a user-flag. However, if I try to open it I get the ā€œThis site is not existing or privateā€ info. However, the PM stays at the top of my inbox as ā€œunread messageā€. It has been like this for at least a few weeks now.

What and who is affected by this issue/request?

My PM inbox

Where on the platform does it happen?

When I click on my avatar and then on the message-icon it shows:

If I click on the message I get this:

The URL it shows is:
https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/a-post-in-what-is-the-academic-term-for-the-geologic-formations-where-vegetation-has-formed-over-felsenmeer-requires-staff-attention/104486

How do we replicate the issue?

I have no idea

Expected behavior (i.e. solution)

Donā€™t show that message in my Inbox if I canā€™t read it.
Or mark it as ā€œreadā€ after trying to read it, so that it does not stay at the top of my inbox as ā€œunread messageā€.

Other Comments

Maybe @Jakob48 can say something useful?
It seems that he was the one who flagged a post, which was the cause for the auto-generated message.

I had a look and I can see that URL as an admin.

It looks like what happens is Jakob48 did a report under other, then removed the mods-germany and moderator groups, then removed themselves. That explains why you canā€™t access it.

Whether intentional or not, but the message has now disappeared from my inbox.
Thank you :slight_smile:

Of course this issue shouldnā€™t be able to happen in the first place, but for me as the ā€œvictimā€ the problem is solved.