Bulgaria - Adding Missing Forests and Green Areas

Good morning, Bulgaria!

I am excited to introduce a new category of MapRoulette challenges (Bulgaria - Adding Missing Forests and Green Areas: MapRoulette).
Our TomTom team has recently identified instances of missing forests and green areas through a spatial comparison with our map database. Our aim is for you to kindly detect and potentially add these absent forests and green spaces, utilising your local expertise and the most suitable sources available, there might have official names that require verification before inclusion.

This particular challenge comprises 123 tasks. Please be aware that false positives could be present. Therefore, we kindly urge you to leverage your local knowledge and rely on credible sources to rectify these matters.

You are more than welcome to reach out to me by responding to this post or by leaving a comment on Bulgaria’s GitHub page (Bulgaria | Data Improvements · Issue #169 · tomtom-international/open-data · GitHub) or directly on the MapRoulette challenge task.
Wishing you an enjoyable time while editing!

Best regards,
Salim, TomTom

About half of Bulgaria is without much land cover mapping; the area of the challenge is just part of it. I think we should wait until people with local knowledge pick up these huge tasks, like I did for Nikopol and Belene municipalities and that @ikonact is now doing for Veliko Turnovo oblast. Alternatively, we could work on making existing cadastral data available for addition to OSM.

2 Likes

thank you for the reply @rhhs . shall i keep the challenge open or park/close it till further notice?

You could keep it open, but personally I wouldn’t use it if I were a person with local knowledge willing to add the land cover in that area.

4 Likes

Sorry for the spam - did not see this is 9 years old because of the new forum.

1 Like

Hello, Only to mention that 10 years ago we had some agreement about creating our classification based forest coverage. The idea was create and validate the coverage based on Landsat/Sentinel imagery and not depend on periodically generated datasets as CLC.

2 Likes

if you still need any help, please do not hesitate to ping for a discussion.