Best source for municipal, provincial, and autonomico boundaries?

Hola! (and apologies for my English) - I work on OpenHistoricalMap and have been looking for the best source of modern boundaries, as they often reflect historical boundaries and I’d like to use the highest resolution version possible.

I’ve looked all over the IGN and CNIG sites, but cannot seem to find the same data that was used on OpenStreetMap. The vector data here is from IGN and quite good, but a few years old, is only for municipios, and is different from what’s on OSM around the edges.

Muchas gracias!

Hola jeffmeyer,
En la siguiente página web del IGN (1), puedes encontrar los límites municipales más actuales. Actualmente, no están introducidos en OSM. Debes descargar el archivo situado en el partado “Límites municipales, provinciales y autonómicos”.
No estoy seguro si esto es lo que buscas.
Saludos.

Hi Jeffmeyer,
On the following IGN website (1), you can find the most current municipal limits. Currently, they are not updated in OSM. You must download the file located in the “Límites municipales, provinciales y autonómicos” section.
I’m not sure if this is what you’re looking for.
Greetings.

1 Like

[Google translate]
¡Gracias! Esto es exactamente lo que necesitaba. Había visto este sitio e incluso había descargado y examinado los datos, pero teniendo en cuenta todos los sitios similares, no estaba seguro de qué tan actualizado estaba. Tu confirmación me da la confianza que necesito para seguir adelante. De nuevo, muchas gracias. :pray:t2:

Thank you! This is exactly what I needed. I had seen this site and had even downloaded and examined the data, but given all of the similar sites, I wasn’t sure how up to date it was. Your confirmation gives me the confidence I need to move forward. Again, many thanks. :pray:t2: