Artworks that are a building of sorts

Recently I stumbled upon Richard Woods’ Holiday Home artworks, which look like a house though are just an artwork Richard Woods, artist: ‘I made six identical bungalows and installed them around Folkestone’ | Folkestone Triennial | The Guardian

What would be the most appropriate way to tag them? They are obviously an artwork though it would be artwork_type=installation or artwork_type=architecture? Would it be worth adding a building tag and would it have a value of say building=artwork? The “building” does not have functioning doors or windows though does have a roof with a clear shape

1 Like

Is it really a building? “they don’t have any windows, there’s no glass, there’s no front door”

Though we have building=roof and building=service and building=boat

Also, is it a permanent installation or something that will be torn down in week or few months?

In Auckland we have a ‘building’ artwork which is much more recognisable as a typical house, although the house was purpose-built for this artwork, and is a permanent fixture. The OSM feature is building=yes, tourism=artwork and artwork_type=installation.

Looking at the photos of Richard Woods’ Holiday Homes, I would personally leave them tagged as artwork_type=installation, without any building tags.