Addresses of objects / operators / owners

Hi,
I wonder about the way we add the addresses/locations of objects and postal addresses of operators and owners of objects. I think it’s useful to have a defined way to add this information, but there’s a bit of incoherency. I’d like to ask for your opinion whether we should add a few lines in the wiki, especially to the pages Key:operator and Key:owner.

According to the Wiki we have a few defined keys (using ‘street’ as a placeholder for all address parts):

• fire_hydrant:street
  • object:street
  • operator:addr

These tags are all established and used > 10k times. There are several more keys according to Taginfo:

• memorial:addr:street (used very locally due to an import in 2014)
  • object:addr:street (~ 100 times)
  • operator:addr:street (~ 100 times)
  • owner:addr:street (1 time)

My preferred way would be to suggest to use ‘operator:street’ and ‘owner:street’ and to drop the ‘addr’ part of the key to stay consistent with the established tags. Additionally we can recommend to use ‘operator:addr’ and ‘owner:addr’ if someone wants to avoid splitting the information into several tags, use would be equivalent to ‘addr:full’.

Grundsätzlich finde ich die Idee, das zu vereinheitlichen gut.

Allerdings handelt es sich bei den meisten Angaben zu diesen Objekten eher um Lagebeschriebe, wie

• “Hydrant in der Nähe von Straße/Hausnummer”
  • “Stolperstein vor dem Anwesen mit der (unter Umständen ehemaligen) Adresse XY”
  • “Briefkasten bei Adresse XY” (hier dann in “ref=*”)).

Daher müsste es eher heißen objekt:nearby=* mit * als “addr:full” belegt.

Und bezüglich “owner”: Zum einen haben personenbezogene Daten nicht wirklich etwas in den Daten verloren - zum anderen kann man zwar den Betreiber (operator) oder Besitzer bedingt feststellen, aber den Eigentümer(!) wohl kaum.

In almost all of the 260.000 cases of ‘owner’ tags in OSM the owner is a company. And contact details of companies are a common piece of information in OSM. For many objects both owner and operator can be found in appropriate catalogues or are even visible on the objects themselves.

That’s already clear from the fact that we use neither addr:* nor contact:* tags on these objects.

Ja, Firmen sind als Betreiber feststellbar. Das ist auch kein Problem. Ich hatte das mit “Eigentümer” strenger ausgelegt. Eigentümer einer AG sind zum Beispiel die Aktionäre :wink:
Aber warum manche bei einer Schreinerei etc. den Inhaber in OSM erfassen, nur weil der diese Angaben auf seiner Website machen muss, erschließt sich mir nicht. Was soll’s. Das wollte ich auch gar nicht diskutieren, sondern nur anmerken.