Ability to call specific users in OSM (OSM 안에서 특정 사용자를 지명하는 기능)

Hi.
I would like to thank the developers and administrators involved in OSM.

I am collaborating with another mapper, and it would be very useful to have a function to call a specific mapper from the ‘fixme’ tag in OSM.
Is this possible?

Or, if you know of any other feature that can ask specific users to fix it, please let me know.
One or two places can call another mapper or a particular mapper for help via an external link.
But what should I do if I want to repeatedly request modification of various places?
Thanks.

ko : OSM 안에서 특정 사용자를 호명하여 함께 협업하는 방법에 대한 문의입니다.

1 Like

There are already changeset discussions and private messages and notes

2 Likes

Thank you.
I think it is useful for feedback on one or two issues, but not suitable for continuous and extensive collaboration with a particular mapper.
Don’t I know how?

And in chaneset discussions I can ask questions to people who have already edited, but I can’t call mapper who haven’t edited it. (Did I understand correctly?)

Hi, On the changeset page you can click on the user link and from the next page send a message via OSM to the user. You can contact any user via OSM here:- https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/??? Just remove ??? and insert the user name. To contact a user directly rather than via OSM you would have to request the user’s private email address, which some users could find inappropriate.

1 Like

On your osm dashboard control panel you can add friends and send them messages to them.

Let me write down my thoughts because the debate is circulating.
It would be very useful to be able to tag my OSM friend in the ‘fixme’ section.
And after that mapping, ze can erase the ‘fixme’ item.

Both of you can use one of Contact channels - OpenStreetMap Wiki

You can also contact them like any other human (and ask for email/phone number) though I would do it only in extremely very rare cases

The most typical way, in my opinion, would be message to their osm.org profile. Direct communication, for which they receive email, so they should be double aware for the message they received.

Do you mean the FIXME-tag?
There you can enter any free text e.g. “@my_collegue” and he can then search for that text in an overpass query and delete that tag after fixing.
But this procedure requires action from your partner and there is no possibility to automatically start a personal communication from entering a tag from your side.

1 Like

Thank you. That’s right. :+1:
I call my OSM friend in the ‘fixme’ tag entry and I want it to go as a notification to my friend.
I wonder if such a feature can be improved.
And I hope to have such a function.

The fixme=* Tag is a tag like any other tag. While it is possible to search for such a tag and use it for quality assurance I would recommend OSM-Notes (Notes - OpenStreetMap Wiki).

Those are easily visible for many people and you can use tools like NotesReview to work on them. In that tool you can also do filtering based on users, so your friend can filter for all notes you added for example.

Thanks for the helpful answer.
I found out that I can call a specific user by using the user id inside the ‘note’ tag.
And I also understood that the called user could see it in the ‘My notes’ section of his profile.
https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/[user_id]/notes
It’s a little more inconvenient than I was hoping for, but I think being able to call a specific user would be very useful.
Thank you very much.

This is a misunderstanding. This is not meant for direct communication, but for helping you work with notes. You can filter by notes which have been opened by a specific user.

Direct one-on-one communication within OSM is via private messages (see post no. 2). Apart from that you can of course use all other well known means of communication.

This is a misunderstanding. This is not meant for direct communication, but for helping you work with notes. You can filter by notes which have been opened by a specific user.

Direct one-on-one communication within OSM is via private messages (see post no. 2). Apart from that you can of course use all other well known means of communication.

After they have provided that information of course :slight_smile:

Phil (trigpoint)

@forums-governance , @mods-support,
I am sure there will be many difficulties, but please consider them for smooth collaboration.
Thank you.

I am not sure what you are expecting here.

We have the ability to send a pm to a mapper and to contact through changeset what more do we need?

Phil (trigpoint)

Thank you for your interest.

1. I have already checked ‘solution’.
  2. I’m asking the technician concerned to consider my proposal.
  3. Are you part of a group of technicians who will consider my proposal?
  4. I wasn’t trying to contact that feature mapper, but I was looking for a way to send information about a particular property directly to my friend who would collaborate with me. (The friend may never have mapped the feature.)

Thanks again for your attention, can you help me too?

Hi @adreamy

The mods and forum governance team here has no control over the code or changes to the OSM site.

The OSM website and issue tracker is located here:

1 Like