6ta reunión bimestral de OSM Latinoamérica

la respuesta, en aún otro canal no oficial, por @AngocA, de completo apoyo a una parte de la comunidad OSM de Panamá, ignorando la cuestión “no sería mejor hablarlo antes?”

Hola buenos días comunidad. Soy Andres Gomez - AngocA, de la comunidad de Colombia, y me uní para apoyarlos en la organización de la junta Latam que se está preparando para el mes de noviembre, en donde queremos que ustedes sean los anfitriones, y nos presenten sus proyectos. Me uno para apoyarlos en la organización de la junta. link

Andrés, esa no es “la comunidad” de Panamá donde estás escribiendo, es un grupo Telegram, que recién esta semana ha vuelto a ser público.

1 Like

@AngocA, any hope to see you appear on this platform? or any of the other moderators, or people who are trying to bring the Panamanian mappers back to talking terms?

As I already answered in another thread, for the team that organizes Latam meetings, the concept of community is ambiguous. Personally, I haven’t seen any specific definition of community on the wiki, forums or other OSM place, different from the "OSM community 2 concept as a whole. If I am wrong, please give me the links that specifies what exactly is a community, and specifically, what is the “Community from Panama”.

The Latam meetings organization group wants to be inclusive with any person, no matter:

• The time has being contributing in OSM.
  • The quantity of commits, or features that has been added to the map.
  • Their presence in “official” platforms.
  • The OSM knowledge and perfect use of tags.

We welcome anyone, like new mappers, experienced mappers, only-wiki contributors, no OSM experts but GIS experts. We also want to hear the voices from the ones that are not experts, that are shy, that do not know the whole OSM ecosystem. And we want to strength the LatAm community by providing a healthy communication between members, where we share experiences and ideas, and we convert them into common actions.

If you and your “community” want to organize the January’s meeting, please let me know, and you will explain us whatever you want to tell us. We will be happy to assist you during the organization.

1 Like

oh, then I had misunderstood your words where you named your choice to let Panamá organize this November meeting, as a chance to get the community back together.

I do not consider the few local Panamanian mappers I support a “community” and I’m sure they have no intention to organize nor participate to any meeting. (but this goes beyond the scope of the 6th regional meeting).

Just to be clear, some people from a “community” of Panamá will organize the November’s meeting, as you already know.

For January, you could organize another meeting, with other members.

In this way, both Panama communities have the opportunity to organize a meeting and share their experiences. The first one organized by the others, and the next one organized by you. It is up to you if you want to organize the one from January.

you’re not reading my writing

hola Latam. como les fue con la reunión. no la he visto en el calendario, ni veo actualización del Wiki. en el grupo Comunidad no recibimos el enlace. ciao.

en vuestro grupo Telegram hay información.

en el grupo de Carlos Eduardo, la reunión fue anunciada el lunes siguiente.

bueno, esto contribuye explicar la poca asistencia. junta Latam al mismo tiempo con otra actividad del grupo. o te entendí mal, @mapeadora ?

Así es. Pero fue una actividad presencial, no precisamente del grupo OSM LATAM yo asistia a la conferencia de osmPeru en Lima. En todo caso no se porqué hubo poca gente, cuántos han estado?

creo que @AngocA participó. anotaron puntos? hubo presentaciones? tomaron una foto de grupo? quién más estuvo desde Panamá?

tocaron este punto?

No por no asistir yo, y haber un evento presencial en Perú debería haber poca asistencia, viene gente diversa a las reuniones OSM Latam. Lo que dice la gente en general ahora es que la suma del mundial de futbol, del fin de año y obligaciones profesionales, no son favorables ahora a eventos :frowning: misma razón por la cual nos estamos decidiendo a posponer el Reunatón del 3 de diciembre :frowning:

El el grupo de organización de las juntas mencionan que están en medio de la elaboración de notas. Se publicarán en la wiki a la brevedad.

en la wiki todavía no está el programa de las presentaciones. sería interesante leerlo, aunque un poco tarde pero bueno.

no, cierto que no, pero contribuye. como también contribuye no escribir el programa, no ponerse en el calendario, no invitar a los varios grupos, ni siquiera al suyo.

Yo estuve, no hubo presentaciones, Carlos tomó notas, y dijo que iba a agregar el acta al wiki. No hubo foto, ya que se fluctuó entre 3 y 4 personas.

De ese tema puntual que mencionas no se habló, y hubiera sido beneficioso que tu te hubieras unido, en vez de estar preguntando todo esto en este canal.

lo dudo. pero tienes derecho a tu opinoón personal.

el punto lo menciono por ser el único agendado (por @Wilmer_Osario) y por haber @Alvarado2510 abierto un asunto relacionado.

La junta es de tod@s Mario, no se aceptan reclamos si no se ha participado. Tal como reiteradamente te hemos invitado a involucrarte, podías hacerlo junto con los demás.

pues chistoso este eslogan tuyo y que pena tener que decirte que mentiras.

el grupo que organizó esta junta se basa en la exclusión mía, de @SeraliaM, y de todos los que seguimos en el grupo Comunidad.

chistoso el “tod@s” cuando se refiere al solo fundador del grupo, y ya.

no me enteré estar reclamando. no partucipé por no invitado. me interesaba saber de qué hablaron, y quién participó.

Oh my God. The situation is getting worse and worse in the “Latin America” community. The “Juntas” I heard from here (closed thread) says it do public calls for it’s meetings, but is literally doing meetings without asking anyone else :astonished: .

Also as per Telegram: Contact @OSMLatam now they said the original date planned 2 months ahead was cancelled/rescheduled, but looking into this thread, it already happened but literaly only the people into the Telegram: Contact @OsmLatamJuntas (22 member) not Telegram: Contact @OSMLatam (373 members) knew it. :astonished:

The OSM Latam meetings are explained on the wiki as well all their records are being submitted by date in a different page on the wiki. In some cases, they have been also added to the osmcal website. With the exception of this last one, all have been very productive and with good (thou slow)- results.

With slow, I mean that there’s a lot of space for improvement, activities to be done and issues to resolve. Those points cannot definitely rely in a small group of persons or one single person, as it has been happening so far. The last is understanble in any social system: we can’t expect a change of a community without further participation of its members.

The Bimontly OSM Latam meetings (Juntas bimensuales) are an open process. Everyone is invited to participate and even organize it, by just proposing it by this mean, the Telegram group or the wiki page. Literally, anyone can edit the wiki, discuss the topics there and propose changes or improvements. As the OpenStreetMap ecosystem (and others open sources/free software communities) states, this is a voluntary-based movement and everyone is invited to sum up to the initiative.

Same escenario as above, here. This has been the second intent to organize a regional gathering, with no satisfactory results, mostly due to lack of participation or time constrains. But the event has been private since its beginning. It was discussed on the Telegram group, posted here. and the wiki.

In conclusion, I can say that there’s a lot of work to be done regarding events divulgation and motivating participation in regional events and activities. IMHO, doing (and failing) is better than nothing.

1 Like

if you read my posts above: this failure was announced, your organizing team simply refused to listen, to consider the facts I tried to expose.

in the smaller (and arguably less visible) OsmLatamJuntas Telegram group, there were mentions of “visibility” of people and projects:

a estas afirmaciones me refiero cuando yo aquí voy preguntando cuáles personas y cuáles proyectos recibieron visibilidad, y sí lo sé es una pregunta a que todos conocemos la respuesta: no hay proyectos activos en Panamá (sino los —sin publicar— de los YMUP) y nadie quiere esta visibilidad, ni siquiera los YMUP.

seguramente habrá alguna lección en esta experiencia, le dejo a ustedes la tarea de reconocerla.

por mi parte, seguiré apoyando a los maperos que necesiten sugerencias y presurando a los grupos incumplientes para que intenten respetar la comunidad OSM.

a ver que tal la 7ma reunión.