6ta reunión bimestral de OSM Latinoamérica

las lineas que siguen son del grupo público Telegram: Contact @OsmLatamJuntas

@mapeadora
E insistiria para que después sea Panamá (sin afán de molestar a nadie pero porque siento que estás personas que escribieron en el chat pueden beneficiarse de visibilidad)

Carlos Eduardo Rodríguez:
Puedo ayudar con Panamá

@mapeadora:
Muy bueno! Eres de Panamá? Parece que hay una comunidad diversa ahí, algo invisible, entonces sería genial poder involucrar a varias personas

@AngocA
La junta podría ayudar a unir esa comunidad
Y promocionar el evento por todo lado

creo que las personas que “escribieron en el chat”, que “pueden beneficiarse de visibilidad”, todavía no estén en esta community. así como los invitó @nukeador, “no se queden atrás”.

1 Like

but: are we sure it’s such a bright idea? last time Carlos Eduardo Rodríguez organized a meeting, that was on January 2nd 2021, and it was the meeting that had as main result the split from the group I (@mariotomo) had founded …

now why don’t we first fix the split, then organize a meeting?

for example, why don’t we ask the DWG to let all of us in LATAM access all the issues we have raised against each other, and clean them up as if among civilized grown up people?

for example, why don’t we start saying “thank you” on hints that we kindly provide each other as reactions to changesets? like when I spend a couple of hours to understand how come a fellow mapper with extensive experience keeps introducing a type of error that JOSM clearly signals … and in the end after my hints the mapper does stop to do that, but “thank you”? no way.

for example, why don’t we publicly declare intentions on mapathons and organized mapping, we could even help each other in the process?

given past experience, I must advise the Latam community: no, Carlos Eduardo cannot help with Panama.

not the most constructive actitude:

Buen día Didiel, por las razones que mencioné abandoné el grupo que administra Mario Frasca y su compañera Seralia Martínez, es deber de los que participan en este grupo abandonar (en este caso tu eres administrador de este grupo) y cortar relación con el otro en mención.

not the kindest way to give feedback, after 3 years and changed aerial photography:

Changeset: 67785588 | OpenStreetMap

not particularly honest, to speak in your name without consulting with you:

Buenas tardes, por gestión de la comunidad OpenStreetMap Panamá hemos preguntando al Instituto Geogáfico Nacional Tommy Guardia sobre sus datos que estan publicados en la…

not particularly honest towards the community, organizing a project, not describing it in the wiki, and even using 180 work hours of two stage students:

¿Me puede ayudar a mapear Santiago de Veraguas? - LATAM - OpenStreetMap Community Forum

not particularly promising in one’s curriculum, the organization of this meeting:

ES:Panamá/SotM-2020pa - OpenStreetMap Wiki

the DWG has urged us to talk, and I never managed to get a reply.

Changeset: 110135163 | OpenStreetMap

I’d advise LATAM to have this november 2022 meeting in Nicaragua, Cuba, anywhere else but Panama, considering the divisive history of this country and people. or to first help us fix things, then make sure that we work together at the organization.

I’m writing here because it’s an official OSM space, a space where we can all count on this Code of Conduct Latam wants to have in all Telegram groups … but then: in the group I founded, I do not accept imposing it, considering Telegram a basically anarchistic platform; in the Latam group there’s questions regarding whether the current admins are able to guarantee the Code that is allegedly in place; there’s an other tiny group for organizing Latam meetings, with the same admins as the other group, but with even less visibility; then there’s the Carlos Eduardo Panama group. bottom line: we all mistrust each others’ administration. my conclusion? let’s talk here.

la respuesta, en aún otro canal no oficial, por @AngocA, de completo apoyo a una parte de la comunidad OSM de Panamá, ignorando la cuestión “no sería mejor hablarlo antes?”

Hola buenos días comunidad. Soy Andres Gomez - AngocA, de la comunidad de Colombia, y me uní para apoyarlos en la organización de la junta Latam que se está preparando para el mes de noviembre, en donde queremos que ustedes sean los anfitriones, y nos presenten sus proyectos. Me uno para apoyarlos en la organización de la junta. link

Andrés, esa no es “la comunidad” de Panamá donde estás escribiendo, es un grupo Telegram, que recién esta semana ha vuelto a ser público.

1 Like

@AngocA, any hope to see you appear on this platform? or any of the other moderators, or people who are trying to bring the Panamanian mappers back to talking terms?

As I already answered in another thread, for the team that organizes Latam meetings, the concept of community is ambiguous. Personally, I haven’t seen any specific definition of community on the wiki, forums or other OSM place, different from the "OSM community 2 concept as a whole. If I am wrong, please give me the links that specifies what exactly is a community, and specifically, what is the “Community from Panama”.

The Latam meetings organization group wants to be inclusive with any person, no matter:

• The time has being contributing in OSM.
  • The quantity of commits, or features that has been added to the map.
  • Their presence in “official” platforms.
  • The OSM knowledge and perfect use of tags.

We welcome anyone, like new mappers, experienced mappers, only-wiki contributors, no OSM experts but GIS experts. We also want to hear the voices from the ones that are not experts, that are shy, that do not know the whole OSM ecosystem. And we want to strength the LatAm community by providing a healthy communication between members, where we share experiences and ideas, and we convert them into common actions.

If you and your “community” want to organize the January’s meeting, please let me know, and you will explain us whatever you want to tell us. We will be happy to assist you during the organization.

1 Like

oh, then I had misunderstood your words where you named your choice to let Panamá organize this November meeting, as a chance to get the community back together.

I do not consider the few local Panamanian mappers I support a “community” and I’m sure they have no intention to organize nor participate to any meeting. (but this goes beyond the scope of the 6th regional meeting).

Just to be clear, some people from a “community” of Panamá will organize the November’s meeting, as you already know.

For January, you could organize another meeting, with other members.

In this way, both Panama communities have the opportunity to organize a meeting and share their experiences. The first one organized by the others, and the next one organized by you. It is up to you if you want to organize the one from January.

you’re not reading my writing

hola Latam. como les fue con la reunión. no la he visto en el calendario, ni veo actualización del Wiki. en el grupo Comunidad no recibimos el enlace. ciao.

en vuestro grupo Telegram hay información.

en el grupo de Carlos Eduardo, la reunión fue anunciada el lunes siguiente.

bueno, esto contribuye explicar la poca asistencia. junta Latam al mismo tiempo con otra actividad del grupo. o te entendí mal, @mapeadora ?

Así es. Pero fue una actividad presencial, no precisamente del grupo OSM LATAM yo asistia a la conferencia de osmPeru en Lima. En todo caso no se porqué hubo poca gente, cuántos han estado?

creo que @AngocA participó. anotaron puntos? hubo presentaciones? tomaron una foto de grupo? quién más estuvo desde Panamá?

tocaron este punto?

No por no asistir yo, y haber un evento presencial en Perú debería haber poca asistencia, viene gente diversa a las reuniones OSM Latam. Lo que dice la gente en general ahora es que la suma del mundial de futbol, del fin de año y obligaciones profesionales, no son favorables ahora a eventos :frowning: misma razón por la cual nos estamos decidiendo a posponer el Reunatón del 3 de diciembre :frowning:

El el grupo de organización de las juntas mencionan que están en medio de la elaboración de notas. Se publicarán en la wiki a la brevedad.

en la wiki todavía no está el programa de las presentaciones. sería interesante leerlo, aunque un poco tarde pero bueno.

no, cierto que no, pero contribuye. como también contribuye no escribir el programa, no ponerse en el calendario, no invitar a los varios grupos, ni siquiera al suyo.

Yo estuve, no hubo presentaciones, Carlos tomó notas, y dijo que iba a agregar el acta al wiki. No hubo foto, ya que se fluctuó entre 3 y 4 personas.

De ese tema puntual que mencionas no se habló, y hubiera sido beneficioso que tu te hubieras unido, en vez de estar preguntando todo esto en este canal.

lo dudo. pero tienes derecho a tu opinoón personal.

el punto lo menciono por ser el único agendado (por @Wilmer_Osario) y por haber @Alvarado2510 abierto un asunto relacionado.

La junta es de tod@s Mario, no se aceptan reclamos si no se ha participado. Tal como reiteradamente te hemos invitado a involucrarte, podías hacerlo junto con los demás.

pues chistoso este eslogan tuyo y que pena tener que decirte que mentiras.

el grupo que organizó esta junta se basa en la exclusión mía, de @SeraliaM, y de todos los que seguimos en el grupo Comunidad.

chistoso el “tod@s” cuando se refiere al solo fundador del grupo, y ya.

no me enteré estar reclamando. no partucipé por no invitado. me interesaba saber de qué hablaron, y quién participó.

Oh my God. The situation is getting worse and worse in the “Latin America” community. The “Juntas” I heard from here (closed thread) says it do public calls for it’s meetings, but is literally doing meetings without asking anyone else :astonished: .

Also as per Telegram: Contact @OSMLatam now they said the original date planned 2 months ahead was cancelled/rescheduled, but looking into this thread, it already happened but literaly only the people into the Telegram: Contact @OsmLatamJuntas (22 member) not Telegram: Contact @OSMLatam (373 members) knew it. :astonished: