Worldwide routable Garmin maps: Missing/incorrect feature requests

I sent him some mail on the forum, but this looks like it should work. Many thanks, I hadn’t noticed it!

I managed to figure out how to change the projection angle setting on my maps (it’s tricky if you’re using the App Store version of BaseCamp, so I might write that up somewhere). If I set several maps to the same projection angle, I do get the same scaling, so that’s definitely what was going on.

All I’m missing is an idea of what the “projection angle” means… I thought if, for example, I set it to my latitude, that might correct the map so that square features on the ground showed up square, but that seems to be very far from true (everything is very stretched horizontally). Do you know of anything that describes which angle this represents? Googling around just tells me that there are a lot of different map projections, but I can’t find which one Garmin uses, or what parameter this might represent.

Can’t answer your questions. Not sure but I have read somewhere Garmin uses https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transverse_Mercator_projection
Does this make sense?

Hi ligfietser,
please participate in current mkgmap discussion regarding handling of railway=abandoned in the default style. It seems nobody likes the idea that we may add a routable line for this even if no highway tag is found.
I’ve now noticed that the “generic new” style was already changed accordingly.

Sorry, didnt follow the discussions Gerd. I can live with the changes in R4429, although I think if there is a routable path it should be corrected in the first place on OSM. And regarding the generic new style, I’m not maintaining it anymore and therefore I will close this topic because it just does not make sense anymore if Lambertus does not maintain his maps anyway.