Windows Path Problems

Hi All,

Please excuse me for any naive queries. This is my first post to this list.

I am on a Windows XP (Home Edition) machine.
I downloaded the full version of Osmosis from “http://gweb.bretth.com/osmosis-latest.tar.gz” and uncompressed it in one of my preferred directories. Running the osmosis.bat file from the bin directory produces the following error
Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: and

I have tried fixing the references in the bat file as follows:

Original:
SET EXEC=%JAVACMD% %JAVACMD_OPTIONS% -cp %MYAPP_HOME%\osmosis.jar;%MYAPP_HOME%\lib\commons-logging.jar;%MYAPP_HOME%\lib\mysql-connector-java-5.0.7-bin.jar;%MYAPP_HOME%\lib\postgresql-8.3-603.jdbc4.jar;%MYAPP_HOME%\lib\postgis_1.3.2.jar;%MAINCLASS% %OSMOSIS_OPTIONS% %*

Modified:
SET EXEC=%JAVACMD% %JAVACMD_OPTIONS% -cp %MYAPP_HOME%\osmosis.jar;%MYAPP_HOME%\lib\default\commons-logging-1.0.4.jar;%MYAPP_HOME%\lib\default\mysql-connector-java-5.1.6-bin.jar;%MYAPP_HOME%\lib\default\postgresql-8.3-603.jdbc4.jar;%MYAPP_HOME%\lib\default\postgis-1.3.2.jar;%MAINCLASS% %OSMOSIS_OPTIONS% %*

I have also tried adding the class path in the environment variables. Nothing is working for me at the moment.

Also, I am aiming to extract an Australian city’s data using osmosis. Any ideas on how to get the coordinates for doing such an exercise.

Yes I found I needed to modify that line of the bat file too, to reference the new ‘default’ directory.

What’s the full error message? (which class def is it not finding? )

Also see : http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=4039

Thanks Harry,

Well I got around the class not found problem by manually specifying the path but now there are other problems; osmosis is not recognizing the options. Here is the output I am getting on the commandline

C:\osmosis-0.31>java -cp \lib\default\commons-logging-1.0.4.jar;\lib\default\mysql-connector-java-5.1.6.jar;\lib\default\postgresql-8.3-603.jdbc4.jar;\lib\default\postgis-1.3.2.jar;\lib\default\jpf-1.5.jar;\lib\default\stax2-api-3.0.1.jar;\lib\default\woodstox-core-lgpl-4.0.3.jar;\lib\default\bzip2-20090327.jar -jar osmosis.jar org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis --rx file=“planet.osm” --bp file=“mypts
.txt” --wx file=“mymap.osm”

29/07/2009 10:38:11 AM org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis main
SEVERE: Execution aborted.
org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.OsmosisRuntimeException: Expected argument 1 to b
e an option or task name.
at org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.cli.CommandLineParser.parse(CommandLin
eParser.java:94)
at org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis.run(Osmosis.java:67)
at org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis.main(Osmosis.java:30)

A quick response is appreciated.

Regards
KS

Yeah you either need “-jar osmosis.jar” or “org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis” , but you have both