Wheelchair tag on metro station relations?

Hello! I am looking for help with tagging wheelchair accessibility on transit features - specifically on metro stations in Tokyo. If I am in the wrong place, please let me know where would be best to ask this question. Currently I am looking at Tokyo metro stations and noticed that if there is a station serviced by multiple metro lines they are often split into multiple station nodes and then these are part of relations.

Would it be incorrect to put the wheelchair accessibility on the Area Group relation? So far I have only added the wheelchair tag to station nodes but was wondering if it should also be applied to the relations as well.

Example:
Kasumigaseki Station https://www.tokyometro.jp/lang_en/station/kasumigaseki/index.html

The station split by metro line:
node/6195254304
node/6196655597
node/6198306276

Each metro line station then has a relation with the entrances and platforms, etc. included:
relation/9194487
relation/9194585
relation/9201664

Then these relations make up the Area Group: relation/9201665

Thank you for your help!

1 Like

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with putting it on the group relation, and could see it being helpful as a frame of reference for whether or not the group as a whole is accessible if it has elements that are a mix of yes and no. I don’t know of anything that would expect this, but it also seems unlikely to break anything. The entrances, stations, and platforms are the most important things to tag accessibility, so I would say just make sure the tags are still on all of those when you tag the relation as well.

1 Like