What is the tower construct in English for 'tiranti'

Mapper @Stefano Alleva, barely active, dropped a node in the mountains this summer with tags as follows

The German translation is Zugstangen or Spannstangen and English is tie rods. 40 meters high i can believe given the aerial image shades it throws on the grassland at different hours of day and season, but it being a wind speed meter on a 40 meter mast is curious given it’s near the top of a bulge called Colle Rotondo at 1403m.

I’m thinking actually of wires keeping it up. How is that called in proper, guyed and guyed_tube popping up in TI.

edit: found a second one not far off with same tags, same mapper.

Hi @SekeRob ,

from your description I think this tower is a tower:construction=guyed_lattice

2 Likes

That seems to be right on the money, now to confirm what’s at the top… this is a very active mountain hiking region so these would want to be able to radio down if trouble arises.

edit: sent message to mapper to confirm the construction type and if there really could be something different or additional at the top of these masts.

edit2: And a reply within hours, yes it’s that particular construct, with less support wires than shown in the wiki and positively anemometers, not anything comms. Says there’s a 3rd one but has not seen it yet. Will fix the tagging on next visit to that mapping area.

And this is how it is now

thx

2 Likes