United Kingdom community?

Have had an issue with someone trying to do things in the UK, but getting it wrong.

There’s no UK Community here yet, so where is the best place to dircet him to ask for help?

If GB, the talk-gb mailing list https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-gb.

If Northern Ireland, talk-ie probably.

I brought up the idea of one on the GB mailing list but there was no interest.

Traditionally (for historic geographical reasons) UK discussion has tended to split between talk-gb (for the bit the the UK on the “right-hand island” and talk ie (for the bit of the UK on the “left-hand island”). Regarding the latter, there is an IE forum on this community site, but it’s pretty low volume (as is the mailing list). Most IE chat seems to be on Telegram these days.

If there was a GB forum here I’d probably use it, but I certainly wouldn’t be volunteering to help set one up due to the required bureaucracy.

2 Likes

If there was a GB forum here I’d probably use it, but I certainly wouldn’t be volunteering to help set one up due to the required bureaucracy.

come on, basically you have to find 3 people who are willing to pose as moderators, and that’s mostly it. For a country there shouldn’t be an issue with relevance discussions

3 Likes

Happy to support the UK community to navigate the new category request. Just ping me if you need help or support.

Thanks. I’m happy to complete the required post but there isn’t much point if the community category isn’t going to be used. Plus we’d need some volunteer moderators.

If others reading this are interested and/or are happy to volunteer as a moderator, do post so we can see if there is enough demand/need.