Ukraine subcategory

Category name

Україна (Ukraine)

Is this a top-level category or a subcategory?

subcategory

Description of its purpose and which open mapping groups it will serve

Replacement for users: Ukraine sub-forum

Why is this new category needed instead of being hosted as part of the existing ones?

We need a place where issues related to mapping in Ukraine will be discussed after the forum ceases to exist

Is this a new space or does it already exist on other platforms? Where?

users: Ukraine sub-forum

Current volume of messages on the former platforms, if any (per week/per month)

Several messages per month

Is there a transition plan for the old platform to this new one? (please link or describe)

There is no special transition plans.

(Optional) A link or list of the category specific guidelines

The OSM Etiquette Guidelines will apply.

List the usernames of the category moderators

There is currently only one active moderator on the forum @andygol

Thanks for the request.

Communities are asked to suggest at least 3 moderators for their categories to ensure the proper distribution of responsibilities, as well as a brief description on why each moderator is proposed.

Also note that as per the current Moderation Selection Criteria, once there are 3 mods proposed, 5 days of community discussion will need to take place here (always including weekend days) and then a voting poll to validate the list by the community will be open for another 5 days too.

Thanks again!

Is it possible to establish subcategory and then conduct moderator election process?

1 Like

The current policy is that 3 moderators are needed in order to create a category.

Based on the high volume of activity in the old forums I suspect there are a few active contributors who fulfill the requirements to be proposed as moderators.

(I understand that some individuals might not be currently available because of the country situation)

If you like, you may still put me as a moderator. I am not that active in OSM these days but can do moderation from time to time.

Thanks for stepping up @_sev

Is there any other known contributor who might have some time these days?

Cheers.

@AlexRiabtsev also agreed to be a moderator (see here)

So we have 3 persons who agreed to be moderators

Thanks everyone,

As per the current Moderation Selection Criteria now the community has 5 days (that must include weekend days) to discuss about this proposal.

After that a voting poll will be opened for another 5 days to validate the list.

Cheers.

Hello again everyone,

Five days have passed for the community discussion so now a voting poll is opened for another five days (plus weekend days) to validate the final list.

The list will be validated if it gets at least 80% of yes votes. Note that votes (who voted what) are public to help identify any abuses.

Thanks!

Do you approve @AlexRiabtsev @_sev and @andygol to be category moderators for the “Ukraine” category?
  • Yes I approve
  • No, I don’t approve (please comment below)

0 voters

The #communities:ua category is now created and the approved moderators have been added to the group.

Please make sure you request an update to the OSM Community Index to include this new channel for your community and remove any former/inactive one.

Also, please make sure you edit the “About community category” topic to include a link to OSM Etiquette in your language, you can provide a translation if needed on the wiki.

Thanks!