TTWs

I’m new to OSM so go easy on me please…

When I open the site online and choose the standard map layer I see what I believe are the TTWs for each country shown. I would like to download this layer as a KML, or any format I can convert to KML. I just need the TTWs and nothing else. Is this possible?

Thanks!
BVD

At the very least you need to tell us what you mean by TTWs.

From Wiki:

TTW may stand for:

Type to winners
Tennessee–Tombigbee Waterway
Territorial waters
Thai Tap Water Supply, tap water producer and distributor in Thailand
Tilting three-wheeler
The Time Traveler’s Wife
Transition to war
The Third Wheel, third episode in the third season of the television series How I Met Your Mother
Tigerair Taiwan, ICAO code for a low-cost carrier based in Taiwan formed as a joint venture between China Airlines Group and Tiger Airways Holdings
Tale of Two Wastelands, a Mod (video gaming) for the games Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas.
:D:o:lol:

LOL! Sorry!! :):D:o

TTWs = Territorial Waters… It looks to me like the purple line around all of the land masses on the standard map layer are the 12 and/or 25 NM TTWs. I could use this layer, specifically of North, Central, and South America, in a KML or something I can convert to a KML.

BVD

OSM doesn’t have layers in the sense that you mean.

Assuming that http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/92987650#map=9/52.2123/-10.8094&layers=H is typical, they are mapped as an administrative boundary with bordertype=territorial. You can use the normal batch retrieval tools to retrieve these, for example, the overpass API.

Note that is is possible that some parts are represented by relations, rather than ways.

Ok, thank you!

I don’t know how to use the batch retrieval tools, yet, but will do some more reading the next couple days…

BVD

For reference, here are some example queries to the overpass api: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Overpass_API/XAPI_Compatibility_Layer

Please note that XAPI is completely outdated these days, don’t start new projects on it. It only supports a very small subset of what Overpass QL can accomplish.

See my signature link below for examples in Overpass QL.

Awesome, thank you!

I have been successful in downloading the data. However, I now have KML files that literally have thousands of lines of coords in them and it seems impossible to delete the correct lines to end up with the KML I want. Is there a graphical KML editor out there I can use to delete individual data points, or lines from a polygon? I have tried google earth and it doesn’t work. I can do Mac or Windows.

Thanks again!
BVD