위키 번역에 대한 의견과 한국에서 길(highway=*) 분류에 대한 추가 논의

옛날에 번역되고 수정이 안 된 문서는 그때 당시의 영어 문서를 기반으로 했기 때문에 그동안 영어판에 새롭게 추가/수정된 정보를 반영하지 못하는 경우가 많습니다. 저는 여유가 된다면 영어판의 새로운 정보를 추가로 번역해서 한국어판에 넣어 주고 있습니다.

3 Likes

아, 그런 문제도 있네요. :exclamation:
그렇잖아도 한글판을 번역해 놓으면 영어판이 뒤에 바뀌어서 다시 손봐야 하는 까다로움이 있던데…
이거 해결이 되기 힘든 문제였네요…

덧붙여, 그런 문제 때문에라도 한국 실정에 맞는 내용은 (영어판 번역본에 포함시키지 않고)항목을 따로 내서 덧붙여야 할 필요가 있을 것 같습니다.

2 Likes

Regional versions of the Osm wiki don’t have to be direct translations of the english version(s). They should provide an explanation of the based tag’s on the accepted understanding.
The language and actual should be accessible to the a majority of in the region.

3 Likes

It still should deliver the basic concept accurately to prevent mistagging. No translation of the wiki should encourage users to tag minor roads in an industrial area as highway=residential, and so on.

Can you write a little more about that?
Are you commenting on the ‘basic concept’ or the definition and application of ‘residential’…

조금 더 자세히 적어 주시겠습니까?
'basic concept’에 대한 의견인지, 'residential’의 정의와 적용에 대한 의견인지…

highway=residential is an example of how a tag could be mistranslated and misused. It is highly incorrect, and in most parts of the world it’s almost unimaginable to tag a minor road inside an industrial park as “residential”.
Is it ok to “correct” its definition on the wiki? Or should I ask more people?

highway=residential은 잘못된 번역으로 인해 태그의 의미가 어떻게 와전될 수 있는지를 보여주는 좋은 예시입니다. 공업단지 내의 소형 도로를 “주거 도로” 로 표시하는 것은 매우 부정확하며, 대부분의 지역에서는 상상하기조차 힘든 일입니다.
위키에서 이 태그에 대한 설명을 수정하는 것이 가능합니까, 아니면 토론을 거쳐야 합니까?

Example

1 Like

I think this is a very valid point.
Here’s what the OSM wiki article says about ‘unclassified’.

The word ‘unclassified’ is a historical artefact of the UK road system and does not mean that the classification is unknown; you can use highway=road for that.

I can’t tell the difference between how it’s used in the UK and outside the UK, and recommend ‘highway=road’ instead.
Also, in the 'Highway:International equivalence’ documentation, it says that ‘unclassified’ is ‘not used’ in South Korea.

It might be quite plausible to use the ‘highway=unclassified’ tag for roads of similar class that are not residential streets.
Thus,
I think it is necessary to share the reason why ‘highway=unclassified’ was viewed as a unique British road system and why it was concluded that it was not used in South Korea.
In the case of other countries, in the case of roads with a class such as ‘residential’, in the case of roads in industrial complexes or in special complexes where some residential areas are mixed, it is recommended to find out what tag is designated and to seek agreement on whether it is okay to designate ‘highway=unclassified’. I think.

I would appreciate it if ‘@龙井不产龙井茶’ suggested various grounds and reasons for his opinion in the ‘General talk’ category.
What do you think of my opinion? (or could you please?)

매우 일리가 있는 의견이라고 생각합니다.
'unclassified’에 대하여 OSM 위키 문서에서는 이렇게 서술하고 있습니다.

The word ‘unclassified’ is a historical artefact of the UK road system and does not mean that the classification is unknown; you can use highway=road for that.

영국과 영국 바깥에서는 어떻게 쓰이는지 그 차이를 알 수는 없습니다. 그리고 'highway=road’를 대신 추천하고 있습니다.
아울러 ‘Highway:International equivalence’ 문서에서는 'unclassified’에 대해서 South Korea에서는 '쓰지 않는다’고 되어 있습니다.

주택가 안길이 아니면서 비슷한 등급의 길에 대하여 ‘highway=unclassified’ 태그를 쓰는 것은 꽤 그럴듯한 방법일 수도 있겠다 싶습니다…
따라서

1. 'highway=unclassified’를 영국 특유의 도로 체계로 본 이유, 남한에서는 쓰지 않는다고 결론 내린 이유에 대한 공유가 필요할 것이라고 생각합니다.
  2. 다른 나라의 경우에 'residential’과 같은 등급의 도로로써 산업단지 안이나 특수한 단지 안에서 일부 거주지가 섞인 도로의 경우에는 어떤 태그를 지정하는지 알아보고, 'highway=unclassified’를 지정해도 좋을지 합의를 구하는 것이 좋다고 생각합니다.

@龙井不产龙井茶’ 님께서 'General talk’에 여러 근거와 이유를 제시해서 의견을 제시해 주시면 고맙겠습니다.
제 의견에 대해 어떻게 생각하시는지요?(또는 그렇게 해 주실 수 있을런지요?)

:point_right:한국말을 쓰시는 분들은 위해 조금 더 덧붙이자면, (A little more for those who speak Korean,)
‘주요도로’ 가운데 'residential’과 같은 등급이면서 주거지가 아닌 곳의 도로에 'unclassified’를 붙이자는 주장은, 등급으로 보자면 'unclassified’와 같으나 주거구역도 아니거니와 그 쓰임도 주거지 안 이면도로와는 상당히 다를 것이기에 굳이 나눌 수 있다면 나누는 것도 괜찮겠다 싶습니다.
어차피 길의 등급이나 관리 주체가 달라지지는 않을 것이고 또 법률적으로도 차이가 있는지 없는지를 잘 몰라 딱 잘라 말하기가 어려운 점이 있는 것 같습니다.
그리고 무엇보다도 국가보안구역 안처럼 영역이 확실히 나뉘는 곳도 있겠으나 일반 산업단지처럼 영역이 똑부러지게 나뉘지 않는다는 점도 좀 헷갈리는 것 같습니다.
OSM 기여자들의 전체 논의가 있기 전에 우리라도 어느 정도 개념 정리를 하고 가면 좋겠다 싶어 말씀을 덧붙이나 일반 주거구역의 이면도로와 산업단지 같은 특수한 구역의 이면도로가 어떤 차이가 있을지, 또 달리 했을 때 좋을 점과 나쁠 점에 대해서도 의견 나눠 보시면 좋겠습니다.

1 Like

Use highway=road only when you really can’t figure out the classification, and it should be treated as an error.

What if we decided to use highway=unclassified in Korea?

highway=road 는 도로의 등급을 도저히 모르겠을 때만 임시방편으로 사용할 수 있으며 오류로 취급되어 고쳐야 하는 태그입니다.
한국에서도 highway=unclassified 태그를 사용하는 것이 어떨까요?

Sure, residential should and should only be used in residential area, in my past edit I may use unclassified or service for roads in industrial or other kinds of area. I guess residential and unclassified have equal grade, but unclassified highway used for non-residential uncertain usage.

On OSMWiki it said, highway=service “Generally for access to a building, service station, beach, campsite, industrial estate, business park, etc. This is also commonly used for access to parking, driveways, and alleys.”, so if a road does not carry the general traffic flow in this area, but is only used to lead to a certain facility, I will choose the service type for it.

this is just my understanding

3 Likes

highway=road isn’t a good way to use, according to OSMWiki, “This tag should only be used temporarily until the road/way/etc. has been properly surveyed. Do not use this tag when the type of road/etc. is known. As soon the road type is known, use one of the more specific values of highway=*.”

You may think that unclassified is a classification that can be better talked about under the British road rules, but more often it can be used as a fallback classification only by virtue of its literal meaning?

2 Likes

Highway:International equivalence 문서의 South Korea 행은 2007년 10월 28일(2017년이 아닙니다!)에 Etric Celine 님께서 추가한 내용이 지금까지 수정 없이 내려오고 있는 것입니다. 참고로 대한민국 지역에서 여러 명이 소통하면서 오픈스트리트맵 기여에 참여하기 시작한 시기는 2009년 초~중순(참고 1, 참고 2)부터로 추정할 수 있습니다. Etric Celine 님께서는 어디서 자료를 얻으셨는지는 잘 모르겠지만, 아마 한국 커뮤니티 구성원들의 합의로 정해진 내용은 아닌 것 같습니다. 바꿀라면 얼마든지 바꿀 수 있을 듯합니다.

The South Korea row in the Highway:International equivalence article was added by Etric Celine on October 28, 2007 (not 2017!), and it has remained unmodified until now. For reference, I estimated that several people from the South Korea OSM community started communicating and contributing to OSM in early to mid-2009 (note 1, note 2). I’m not sure where Etric Celine got its information from, but it doesn’t seem to be a consensus of the South Korean community members. I don’t think we’d mind changing it.

Ko:Map Feature 문서에서는 한국에서 highway=unclassified의 사용례가 분명하게 명시되어 있습니다. highway=unclassifiedhighway=residential 태그를 한국어로 설명한 문서는 여기밖에 없어서 산업 단지에 highway=residential 태그를 붙인 사람들이 위키를 참고하지는 않았을 것 같고, 그냥 기존부터 대부분의 산업단지 도로에 highway=residential 태그가 붙어 있어서 그걸 참고했을 것 같습니다.

참고로 저는 상업 구역이나 산업 구역 한가운데 위치해 있으면서 3차 도로보다 급이 낮고 service 도로보다는 급이 높은 도로에 일관적으로 highway=unclassified 태그를 붙여 주고 있습니다.

※ Ko:Map Feature 문서에서 highway=residential을 상업 구역에 써도 된다고 적어 놓은 사람이 누군가 하고 찾아봤는데, 과거의 저였네요…혼란을 드려 죄송합니다.

In the Ko:Map Feature article, the usage of highway=unclassified in South Korea is clearly stated. This is the only article that explains highway=unclassified and highway=residential tags in South Korea, so I don’t think people, who tagged highway=residential to roads within industrial parks, were referring to the wiki, but rather referring to the environment of the South Korean OSM that most roads in industrial parks have been tagged with highway=residential for a long time.

Anyway, I consistently tag highway=unclassified for roads that are located in the middle of a commercial or industrial zone and are lower in class than a tertiary road and higher in class than a service road.

※ In the Ko:Map Feature documentation, someone wrote that highway=residential is okay for commercial zones, and I looked it up, but it was me in the past… Sorry for the confusion.

2 Likes

+1

Shall we move on to the usage of highway=trunk? The English page for the tag says that “Use highway=trunk for high performance or high importance roads that don’t meet the requirement for motorway.” We could easily know that the former are “expressways” (controlled access roads with higher speed but not motorways) and the latter are national highways. However, the Korean version tells users to only use it for “expressways”, and mentions nothing about high importance. Please spend some time to take a look at London on OSM where busy “trunk” streets fully equipped with sidewalks and traffic lights connect different parts of the city, and compare it with the mapping here, regardless of who decided to do it this way: OpenStreetMap There’s nothing large neough to chsnge the road’s importance yet there’s a section of trunk road, maybe because there are some grade-separated junctions, and that’s not how road classifications work

영문판 위키 기준 highway=trunk 태그는 고속도로가 아닌 도로 중 1)이와 비슷한 규격으로 지어진 도로 2) 가장 중요한 도로를 나타낸다고 되어 있습니다. 이러한 설명을 보면 전자는 고속화도로, 후자는 국도임을 어렵지 않게 알 수 있습니다. 하지만 해당 문서의 한국어 번역본에서는 도로의 중요도에 대한 설명은 찾아볼 수 없고, 오직 고속화도로를 위한 태그인 듯 설명되어 있습니다. 약간의 시간을 들여 런던과 상단 링크에서 highway=trunk 의 용도를 비교해 보시어서 이 글에 대한 이해를 도울 수 있기를 바랍니다. 런던에서는 인도와 신호등이 있는 highway=trunk가 이곳저곳을 잇는 반면 상단의 링크에서는 1차 도로가 무슨 일인지 간선 도로가 되었다가 다시 원래대로 돌아갑니다. 길의 중요도에 영향을 미칠 만한 것은 찾아보기 어렵지만 단순히 입체교차로가 있는 구간이라는 이유만으로 그렇게 그려져 있는 듯 합니다. 길의 유형은 이렇게 결정되는 것이 아닙니다.

http://cheongsong.grandculture.net/cheongsong/index/GC06800234?category=지명%2F기관명&depth=2&name=아&page=17&search=영천시
해당 도로 구간을 확인해 봤는데, 자동차전용도로(motorroad=yes)이고, 국도이기는 하지만 고속화도로로 지정되어 있지는 않으므로 나머지 구간과 마찬가지로 말씀해 주신 대로 highway=primary를 붙이는 것이 맞아 보입니다. 혹시나 이렇게 잘못 태그된 도로를 발견하신다면 직접 고쳐 주시거나 알려 주시면 감사드리겠습니다.

참고로 한국에서 '고속화도로’는 국도 및 지방도 등과 배타적으로 사용되는 개념이 아닙니다. ‘고속도로가 아닌 모든 도로’ 중에서 자동차가 빠르게 다닐 수 있도록 하는 주요 도로를 선정해 '고속화도로’라는 자격을 부여하는 것입니다. 한편 대부분의 '자동차전용도로(motorroad=yes)'에서는 자동차가 빠르게 주행할 수 있습니다. 그러나 단지 보행자나 자전거 등이 출입할 수 없을 뿐, 신호등과 같은 요소로 인해 자동차가 빠르게 주행할 수 없는 도로도 있습니다.

정리하자면 고속화도로는 모든 도로 중에서 차량이 빠르게 달릴 필요가 있는 중요 도로에 지정되므로 highway=trunk를 붙이고, highway=primary는 ‘고속화도로로 지정되지 않은 국도’, highway=secondary는 ‘고속화도로로 지정되지 않은 지방도’ 등으로 해석할 수 있습니다.

I checked the road section, and it is a motorroad(motorroad=yes), and although it is a national highway, it is not designated as a freeway(고속화도로), so it seems correct to tag highway=primary as you said, just like the rest of the road sections. If you come across any incorrectly tagged roads like it, I’d appreciate it if you could fix them yourself or let us know.

In South Korea, ‘freeway’ is not a concept that is used exclusively for national highways and local roads, and so on. Among ‘all roads that are not expressway’, the main roads, which are needed for cars to travel quickly, are selected and given the status of ‘freeway’. On the other hand, most of the ‘motorroad=yes’ roads allow cars to travel fast, but there are some motorroads that do not allow cars to travel fast due to factors such as traffic lights, which simply do not allow pedestrians or bicycles to enter or exit.

To summarize, freeways are designated for important roads where vehicles need to go fast among all roads, so you can add highway=trunk. So highway=primary can be interpreted as ‘national roads not designated as freeways’, highway=secondary can be interpreted as ‘local roads not designated as freeways’, and so on.

자유로(국도+자동차전용도로+고속화도로)
Jayu-ro (National road + motorroad + freeway)

구즉세종로(시도+고속화도로) - 자동차전용도로가 아님!
Gujeuksejong-ro (City road + freeway) - not motorroad!

1020번 지방도(지방도+고속화도로+자동차전용도로)

1020번 지방도(지방도+고속화도로+자동차전용도로)
1020th local road (Local road + freeway + motorroad)

양재대로(국도이자 국가지원지방도이자 특별시도+자동차전용도로) - 고속화도로가 아님!
Yangjae-daero (National road and state-funded local road and Seoul metropolitan road + motorroad) - not freeway!

참고로 국도는 지방도에 비해 상대적으로 중요하게 여겨지지만, 지방도보다 상태가 열악한 국도도 일부 존재합니다. 주로 옛날에 깔린 국도가 여기에 해당합니다.

Note that while national roads are considered relatively important compared to local roads, some national roads have worse conditions than local roads. These are usually national roads that were laid in the past.

20번 국도

20번 국도
20th national road

313번 지방도
313th local road

(과거) 12번 고속도로(88올림픽고속도로)

(과거) 12번 고속도로(88올림픽고속도로 → 광주대구고속도로)
(past) 12th expressway (88 Olympic Expressway → Gwangju-Daegu Expressway)

한국에서 고속도로(=고속국도)는 최상위 도로 등급으로, 일반적으로 입체교차로로 이루어져 있고 제한속도가 100-110 km/h입니다.
반면 고속화도로는 법적 용어는 아니지만, 고속도로에 준하는 속도로 차량이 달릴 수 있는 도로를 편의상 일컫는 말입니다. 정부에서도 '고속화도로’라는 표현을 사용합니다. 고속도로와 마찬가지로 대부분 입체교차로로 이루어져 있지만, 제한속도는 80-90 km/h로 고속도로보다는 낮습니다.
고속화도로는 고속도로에는 지정되지 않지만, 국도나 지방도에 지정될 수도 있고, 시도에 지정될 수도 있습니다.
한국의 고속도로에는 반드시 '고속도로’라는 단어가 들어가며, 고속도로가 아닌 도로에는 '고속도로’라는 단어가 들어가지 않기 때문에 쉽게 구별할 수 있습니다.
고속화도로는 도시[1]에도 있을 수 있고, 시골[2]에도 있을 수 있는데, 이 중에서 도시에 위치한 고속화도로를 '도시고속화도로’라고 합니다. '도시고속도로’라고 부르는 경우도 있으나 일반적이지 않습니다.
highway=motorway 태그는 국가 내에서 가장 등급이 높은 도로에만 붙이는데, 고속화도로는 최상위 등급 도로가 아니기 때문에 highway=motorway 태그를 붙이지 않습니다.
고속화도로는 고속도로에 비해 최근(1980년대)에 나온 개념입니다. 과거 한국의 고속도로에는 평면교차로가 많았지만[3], 그래도 법적으로 고속도로로 지정되어 있었고, 고속도로의 등급이 다른 도로와 비교했을 때 가장 높았기 때문에 highway=motorway 태그를 붙였습니다.
요금을 징수하지 않는 고속도로도 있고(개방형 요금소), 요금을 징수하는 고속화도로도 있습니다.

[1] <대전 천변고속화도로 '애물단지' 오명 벗나> | 연합뉴스
[2] https://cdn.namdonews.com/news/photo/202212/707858_368352_4525.jpg
[3] 남장수 나들목 - 위키백과, 우리 모두의 백과사전

In South Korea, expressways(고속도로, 고속국도) are the highest class of roads, typically consisting of multiple interchanges and having a speed limit of 100-110 km/h.
Freeways(고속화도로), on the other hand, is not a legal term, but a convenience term for roads that allow vehicles to travel at speeds comparable to highways. The government also uses the phrase “freeway”. Like expressways, they are mostly made up of multiple intersections, but their speed limits are lower than freeways at 80-90 km/h.
Expressways are not designated as highways, but they can be designated as national roads, local roads, or even city streets.
Expressways in South Korea always include the word “고속도로”, while roads that are not expressways do not include the word “고속도로”, making them easy to distinguish.
Expressways can be located in cities[1] or in rural areas[2], of which those located in cities are called ‘도시고속화도로’. Sometimes they are called ‘도시고속도로’, but this is not common.
The highway=motorway tag is only used for the highest-rated roads within a country, and since expressways are not the highest-rated roads, they are not tagged with the highway=motorway tag.
Freeways are a recent (1980s) concept compared to expressways. In the past, South Korean expressways had many flat intersections[3], but they were still legally designated as highways, and we tagged them with highway=motorway because they had the highest grade compared to other roads.
Some expressways don’t collect tolls (open toll booths), while freeways do.

[1] <대전 천변고속화도로 '애물단지' 오명 벗나> | 연합뉴스
[2] https://cdn.namdonews.com/news/photo/202212/707858_368352_4525.jpg
[3] 남장수 나들목 - 위키백과, 우리 모두의 백과사전

#도로 #고속도로 #고속화도로

Shouldn’t national roads be tagged as trunk, since they are considered to be the most important besides motorways? Also I must point out that the translation in iD editor (which literally means freeway) is very misleading.

고속도로가 아닌 도로 중 가장 중요한 도로는 국도이니 highway=trunk가 알맞는 태그인 것 같습니다. 또한 iD 편집기에서 이 태그가 고속화도로로 번역된 것은 오해의 여지가 있습니다.

이럴 때 한국 사람들은 이렇게 말합니다.
대~~~박!”, “쩐다”, “지린다”,… :laughing:
좋은 답변의 정석인 듯 합니다.
명쾌한 설명, 요점 정리에 보기에 보기 사진까지 덧들여 주시고… ^^ :100:

As you said, the criterion for determining whether it is ‘trunk’ is performance or importance. In South Korea, I don’t think there is a big problem in viewing ‘고속화도로’ as ‘trunk’ regardless of performance or importance.
If you think there are other criteria, please let me know in detail.
And I’d love to add how you think it should be defined and specified.

말씀하신 대로 'trunk’인지 아닌지의 판단 기준은 performance 혹은 importance인데, 남한에서는 performance로 보나 importance로 보나 '고속화도로’를 'trunk’로 보는 것에 큰 문제가 없다고 생각합니다.
혹시 다른 판단기준이 있다고 생각하신다면 상세히 말씀해 주시기 바랍니다.
그리고 어떻게 정의되고 지정되어야 한다고 생각하시는지도 덧붙여 주시면 좋겠습니다.

1 Like

Motorways are quite different from other road classifications. While being treated as the most important of roads, they are carefully planned and built by national or local government, and are considered to be a proper “motorway” by them. At-grade (or “flat”) junctions are extremely rare, and even the existing ones are being upgraded. Keep in mind that certain Korean motorways used to have at-grade junctions (even a 4-way one with traffic lights!) and they were still considered motorways by the govt, which leaded to them being tagged as such on OpehHistoricalMap.

고속도로는 도로의 분류 체계 중 가장 중요한 도로로 인식되지만, 중요하다고 모두 고속도로가 되는 것이 아니듯 이 태그에는 다소 특별한 제한이 따릅니다. 현재 위키는 중앙분리대와 입체교차로 등의 특징을 내세우지만 과거 한국에서는 이를 갖추지 못한 도로도 고속도로의 일부로 간주되었습니다. 지금은 격하된 영동고속도로의 일부 구간은 신호등과 횡단보도가 있는 사거리가 노선 중간에 있었음에도 불구하고 고속도로로 간주되었고, 고속도로 태그는 정부가 고속도로로 인정한다는 조건이 있기 때문에 오픈히스토리컬맵에서 고속도로로 그려져 있습니다. (아직 그려지지 않았다면 이렇게 그려져야 할 것입니다.)

1. Freeways; Non-motorway roads which have similar access restrictions and characteristics, such as grade-separated junctions. Often, but not always motorroads. Short sections of grade-separated junctions and higher speed are not considered as one of them.

2. Higher-standard roads which are intended to replace existing Nat’l highways. Usually a bypass around one or more cities. Downgrade the Nat’l highway to primary in such circumstances.

3. Higher-standard roads that run parallel to Nat’l highways, or roads that de facto “replace” the Nat’l highway. [1]

4. National highways that have nothing to do with the above.

5. Non-freeway that connects the ends of two trunk roads. [2]

1. 고속화도로 - 고속도로가 아닌 도로 중 입체교차로, 중앙분리대 등 고속도로에 준하는 특징을 가진 도로. 대부분은 자동차전용도로이지만 꼭 그래야만 하는 것은 아니다. 필요시 일반 도로에도 입체교차로를 설치할 수 있으니 주의.

2. 국도대체우회도로 (국대도) - 주로 시가지를 우회하는 역할을 하며, 시가지를 통과하는 국도 노선은 1차 도로로 강등한다.

3. 국도와 나란히 달리는 더 나은 상태의 도로. 또는 사실상 국도 노선을 대체하였다고 볼 수 있는 도로. 인천에서 서울시계를 잇는 6번 국도의 구간을 대체한 봉오대로 등이 해당한다. 정식 국도 노선은 마찬가지로 1차 도로로 강등한다. [1]

4. 위 내용과 아무 상관이 없는 일반국도. 고속화 여부는 중요하지 않음.

5. 2개의 highway=trunk의 종점을 연결하는 일반 도로. 고속화도로로서의 강변북로의 동측 종점과 수석호평도시고속도로의 서측 종점을 잇는 강변북로의 일반도로 구간이 해당한다. [2]

[1] OpenStreetMap
[2] OpenStreetMap