I am Julian from https://impargo.de and we are currently trying to calculate toll rates for trucks in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Roads following regular toll rates were already mostly correctly tagged following the schema described in the Wiki http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:Key:toll.
However, in each country there are multiple exceptions with special toll rates.
- Herrentunnel http://herrentunnel.de/public/img/content/Gebuehrentabelle_2016.png
- Warnowtunnel http://warnowtunnel.de/der-tunnel/
- Großer St. Bernhard http://www.letunnel.com/datapage.asp?id=12&l=4
- Munt la Schera Winter https://files.livigno.eu/pdf/generali/tariffe-tunnel-inverno-2017-18-de.pdf
- There are special toll rates for at least the 8 routes listed in the PDFs from here https://www.go-maut.at/portal/portal
Now I wanted to add tagging to make it possible to compute tolls for these routes correctly.
Has anyone tried this so far? Is there tag that already exists that we can use?
If not I wanted to suggest a tag similar to the tag “toll:name= Name des Mautknotens”.
“toll:special= Name des Mautstrecke”.
For example “toll:special:Großer St. Bernhard”.
Then anyone who wants to compute the tolls or display the toll rates for the given route can use the name from the tag
to lookup the special rates that apply.
PS: We first tried to simply use the name from the tag “name”. However, the routes for which the special rates apply are sometimes longer than just the street/way with the corresponding name.