The "OSM Standard tile layer" looks wrong (white lines, abusive comments etc.)

I’m no friend with the current tile layer criteria as I think that some of those criteria (or the pride of minutely updated data as @yvecai describes) even fosters the occurrence of vandalism in layers provided by third parties like OSM FR (e.g. the CyclOSM layer or the HOT layer).

I do not think that minutely updating a tile layer is needed for anything but mapper feedback. So this is good for the standard layer by OSMF as that is used as mapper feedback, but not the other layers that are a showcase of what OSM data can be.

It is also no good idea that the OSMF mapper-feedback layer is spilling the milk by trying to also serve a purpose it is not useful for (at least in times of vandalism waves or even with smaller problems like a drained lake Erie etc.)

I rather think that a monitored and controlled update of data is a better solution for not-for-mapper-feedback tile layers that are used for viewing a map to not let the vandalism creep in.

After the vandalism bad press disaster in 2018 some Mapbox maps needed many months to show updated data from OSM as QA got and is forever since then way more important than actuality. This is too long (and different today as their QA pipeline got faster) but finding the right balance is the key in running a useful tile layer for a map to be viewed.

It’s totally different for a map that has to provide mapper feedback (and gratification) like the OSMF provided tile layer does.

Maps should update for sure but it is always better (for a not-for-mapper-feedback map) to show either an outdated tile without vandalism or no tile at all than to show a tile full of vandalism and foster the bad actor in his doings.