Suggest tag key value for sunshade facility(shelter_type=?)

Hi, everyone.

It is a facility designed to avoid the sun for a while from the hot summer sun in front of the crosswalk.

↑ This product with built-in IoT function receives weather information and automatically unfolds or folds.

↑ Automatically folded at night time

other related images

I think it would be a good idea to tag this feature with ‘amenity=shelter’, so I’m asking for opinions on what would be appropriate with ‘shelter_type=’. (Suggestion by @apneunzehn74 )
The word ‘parasol’ feels too simplistic, but I think ‘awning’ is a very suitable choice depending on the usage.
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/shelter_type=awning

(added.) @nadjita suggested ‘shelter_type=sun_shelter’, although it is not in the key value, it seems that it can be used regardless of shape or material.
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/shelter_type=sun_shelter

I would like to hear your opinions, choose a suitable key value, and propose a formal key value.
I look forward to your positive and forward-looking comments.
(I’m sorry, but English is not my first language, so please speak as simple and concisely as possible.)

I would use the already existing shelter_type=sun_shelter combined with proper material (fabric? I suppose; not a native speaker, either)

2 Likes

@nadjita Great.
It seems that this can be used regardless of shape or material.
Thank you.

I would not tag it this way regardless of shape and material.
Your third and fourth example look like they may be used to cover from rain as well, I guess tagging those as a roof would be more appropriate.

Can we combine amenity=shelter with weather protection=awning. According to the concept of weather protection

2 Likes

Thank you for the good point.
I’ve looked at it before, and I think the ‘weather_protection’ tag is related to leisure, rest, and the facility I suggested is close to ‘shelter’.(As you know, the ‘shelter’ tag has something similar.)
I think that it can be a very good alternative if the purpose of the ‘weather_protection’ tag is extended or the purpose is clear.
In particular, in order to prevent tags with similar purposes from being everywhere…