State of the Map Asia 2023 Call for Volunteers (Review Committee and Communications volunteer)

Call for Review Committee

Eligibility: Only people from Asia and/or who is part of an OSM community in Asia is eligible to join the SotM Asia 2023 Review Committee.

Important note : Please consult / discuss with your local community first and get consensus on who will represent your community in the review committee.

Hi all, we are looking for Asia community members who can help us review the bids for SotM Asia 2023!

Please comment on this thread to nominate 1-2 representatives from your community by 24 May 2023. Please take note also of the gender balance in your nominees.

Please indicate:

• Country / community you are representing
  • names of the 1-2 representative (with links to their OSM profile / OSM Wiki)

Call for Communications volunteers

Eligibility: Preferably from Asia but we welcome everyone! :slight_smile:

We are also looking for help with communications! Tasks include (but not limited to):

• creating posters, videos and publicity materials
  • promoting and spreading applications / calls
  • managing social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook)

Questions

Please also free to ask questions regarding this call (reviewers and comms) by commenting in this thread, if any.

If you have question specific to the Call for Venues, please ask via State of the Map Asia 2023 Call for Venues now open!

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Help us promote the Call!

Please help us spread this call! You may use the poster (and this shorter link to Forum thread) :smiley:
Short link: tinyurl.com/SOTMAsia2023Volunteers

3 Likes

Hi Arnalie, This is Sawan from Bangladesh. I am interested to be a part of the review team.

1 Like

Hey Sawan, thank you for your interest! May I suggest to discuss this with your local community first and get consensus on who will represent your community in the review committee? Thank you :slight_smile:

Help us promote the Call!

Please help us spread this call! You may use the poster (and this shorter link to Forum thread) :smiley:
Short link: tinyurl.com/SOTMAsia2023Volunteers

2 Likes

I am a total beginner at mapping but I’d like to help out and get more involved in the field. How do I apply as a communications volunteer? And around when is the bulk of the work expected to take place?

Hi, I am willing to be a communications volunteer. I have been an online content editor for some time and the tasks are somehow aligned so I think I can manage to do it.

wonderful! please send a message :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there. We formed the team and communicates via Facebook Messenger. Work is kind of lite right now, we need help in getting the word out (Call for Venues, Reviewers and Volunteers) especially engaging with Asian communities to participate and nominate reviewers in their country. Would you like to help with that? :slight_smile:

I am also nominating Tasauf A Baki Billah (Ribin) for the review team from Bangladesh.

1 Like

Hi @arnalielsewhere , my name irvan i am willing to be Review Committe. I represent the osm community “UPI YouthMappers” from Indonesia with my friends from the same community. what are the next steps? We are very excited and interested becoming in this volunteer, Thank You. :blush:

Noted, thank you so much!

1 Like

Hi @arnalielsewhere and @Jikka

I’m Anuradha I would like to give my consent to be a review committee member on behalf of OSM Sri Lanka Community. And I would like to propose Suthakaran as well.
Thank you

1 Like

Hello, I would be glad to be a part of the review team for SOTM Asia 2023, Laxmi

I’m Hwang Dongha, and I would like to be a member of the Review Commitee on behalf of the OpenStreetMap
South Korea community. I have revealed my intention to run in the OSM Korea community Telegram channel, and so far, no one other than me has expressed their intention to run, so I am posting this.

3 Likes

I agree Dongha’s nomination.

1 Like

Members of the Telegram Korea community support his candidacy and endorse him. :+1:

1 Like

Wonderful! We will send next steps within this week! :slight_smile:

In the meantime, please help us spread this call as we also encourage reviewers from other asia communities, as well as promote the call for venues. Thank you!

Hi there, Can from Turkey. I am volunteering to take part in the review committee :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi I’m from Nepal. I’d like to volunteer for Sotm 2023. I’m representing my college based club, Birendra Open Source Club(BOSC).

I’ve sent a message! :slight_smile: