Serbia subcategory

I support this initiative.:serbia:

1 Like

Hi, this would be a very nice thing to have where we could expand our community into, I would like to support this initiative.

1 Like

@Duja we are still missing a clarification on the community guidelines in order for the process to continue. If no guidelines are provided, the OSM Etiquette will apply.

Thanks!

Greetings,

I hope I’m not late to the discussion. I haven’t been active poster on previous forum however I always lurked around. It’s great place to read current and previous discussions and learn something in the process. Therefore in my opinion OSM Serbia community could really use a place here as gathering hub for important notifications, actions or just discussions about various topics related to OSM. Not to mention that other users from different regions could also easily ask questions or check out things if they desire so.

Regarding moderation team I’m perfectly fine with candidates and I support them.

Cheers!

2 Likes

@nukeador can you use full name Serbia for the URL of out category. I see for already created some have full country name in URL some have only short (cryptic) designation.

Having full name of the country is important for SEO, meaning it helps tremendously searching using global search engines.

Go ahead, it would be very useful!

1 Like

Yes, OSM Etiquette guidelines will be fine.

1 Like

Great support for the initiative! It’s such a useful and necessary community!

The naming convention being followed for country categories is using the country code for the URL.

Hello again everyone,

Five days have passed for the community discussion so now a voting poll is opened for another five days to validate the final list.

The list will be validated if it gets at least 80% of yes votes. Note that votes (who voted what) are public to help identify any abuses.

Thanks!

Do you approve @Branko_Kokanovic @Pedja and @Duja to be category moderators for the “Serbia” category?
  • Yes I approve
  • No, I don’t approve (please comment below)

0 voters

I support this initiative.:serbia:

My point is that it is not good. It is better to use full country name, as it is done for some countries.

I support the initiative :serbia:

1 Like

Which countries are not using the two letter code? If so, that should be fixed.

It would be better to hire some SEO expert to explain to you how to do things right on that matter.

The decision on urls was taken here

I don’t know if anyone has plans to hire a SEO, but maybe someone from the community with this expertise can chime in and help.

The #communities:rs category is now created and the approved moderators have been added to the group.

Please make sure you request an update to the OSM Community Index to include this new channel for your community and remove any former/inactive one.

Also, please make sure you edit the “About community category” topic to include a link to OSM Etiquette in your language, you can provide a translation if needed on the wiki.

Thanks!

Thank you @nukeador for quick turnaround! Thanks also for everyone who voted:)

When can we expect content from old forum to be copied to this newly created group?

Please follow this topic for the latest updates: