Same destination for multiple lanes

When two or more lanes go to the same destination, how do I fill out the destination:lanes tag?

Suppose the left lane goes to destination A, and the two right lanes go to destination B.

Is the tag destination:lanes=A|B|B correct?

If yes, what if I make a type error mistake when entering B the second time? Wouldn’t the navigation software interpret B as two different destination names, and show these two names? Therefore, is there a way that allows B to be entered only once in the tag?

If no, what’s the correct way to do it?

Cheers

destination:lanes=A|B|B is correct

I do not think that any algoritme use the names to calculate the route, they can use it to display it with lanes icon on top of the gps… think spelling will be wrong…

Jakka is correct, the names are purely informative.

AFAIK, e.g. OsmAnd and MagicEarth do not use the destination:lanes information, they use the destination set on the ways after the split. That is why I stopped adding destination information on lanes.

The german wiki suggest as an option:

destination=B
destination:lanes=A||

But this is not documentet in the english version. So I dont’t know whether this ist official.

I think so too. On the other hand, if there is no data they will never start using it. But If you have the destination of your target road and pure lane tagging, I think specific destination:lane tagging is not urgently necessary.

But what is the “real” difference between destinations on the lanes or on the way after it ?
Since one can also see which lanes are connected to which ways after the split, any navigation app can put you in the right 2 lanes and announce “B” whether B is mapped as destination on the way after the split or as in your German wiki example or as A|B|B

The benefit of mapping it on the way after the split is that you do not have to repeat the destations, the thing you want to avoid in the first place. There are plenty of motorways with more than 2 lanes where you have the repeat the same destinations 3 or more times. The value of the destination:lanes tag can become too long for OSM values or pretty hard to maintain / understand.