RFC: Crossings - guide line, crossings with sound signaling, divided crossings (with island)

Good day,
I would like to follow up on a series of my suggestions and observations regarding the tagging of objects that can help the visually impaired (e.g. through navigation applications - in the case of the blind).

Road crossings:
they already have guiding lines in the Czech Republic today - in the middle of the crossing, two tangible lines that can be felt with a white cane, on the right - the person goes a little illogically in the left lane, but unfortunately that’s the given methodology.
Such crossings should be marked that there is a guiding line - I believe that most of the crossings are already so marked. These are those with and without signaling. Crossings are also marked with a warning and signal strip (at the end of the pavement) of tactile paving / see another e-mail).

Transitions with light signaling
In the Czech Republic, the system of activating sound signaling via a special VPN radio (in the handle of a blind cane or separately as a small box with 6 buttons) is being switched to. It is a system largely independent of the buttons on the traffic light poles. By activating the signaling, all the crossings at the intersection sound, and usually this signaling lasts for about 2-3 cycles. Unfortunately, mappers cannot record it unless they have the appropriate equipment. I have it … but they can event. ask someone to record this information. This system is being switched to, I don’t know how many % of the light signals have already been upgraded in this way. Originally, sound signaling was triggered by a button on the traffic light.
Tag proposal: sound_signals_for_demand.
Maybe I’ve already used it somewhere. (I didn’t know how to design tags)

Transitions with an island - so-called split transitions.
A blind person can silence the signaling using the button on the traffic light on the island - pressing the button in the direction of his walking silences the sound signaling on the already traveled section behind him (it can happen in an exceptional situation that the oncoming pedestrian can unknowingly silence the signal by pressing the button on the island before the blind direction, part transition that the blind person wants to go through by impatiently pressing a button in his direction - an imperfection of the system). Here, it would also be good to have a tag for split crossing with deactivation of audio signaling for the blind, but it seems too long for the attribute tag, so I’ll ask for advice.

Thank you. Miloš Šmid

Dobrý den,
dovolil bych si navázat na sérii mých návrhů a postřehů ohledně tagování objektů, které mohou pomoci zrakově postiženým (např. prostřednictvím navigačních aplikací - v případě nevidomých).

Přechody přes silniční komunikace:
mívají už dnes v ČR vodící linie - uprostřed přechodu dvě hmatné linie, které lze vyhmatat slepeckou bílou holí, vpravo - osoba jde tedy trochu nelogicky v levém pruhu, ale bohužel tak je daná metodika.
Takové přechody by měly být otagované, že zde je vodící linie - domnívám se, že většina přechodů už tak označena mžná je. Jde o ty se signalizací i bez ní. Přechody jsou také označovány varovným a signálním pásem (koncem chodníku) hmatné dlažby /viz jiný e-mail).

Přechody se světelnou signalizací
V ČR se přechází na systém aktivace zvukové signalizace prostřednictvím speciální vysílačky VPN (v rukověti slepecké hole nebo samostatně jako malá krabička s 6 tlačítky). Jde o systém do velké míry nezávislý na tlačítcích na sloupcích semaforu. Aktivací signalizace se rozezvučí všechny přechody na křižovatce a většinou tato signalizace trvá cca 2-3 cykly. Bohužel mapéři ji nemohou zaznamenat, pokud nemají příslušné zařízení. Já ho mám … ale mohou event. požádat někoho, aby tuto informaci zaznamenal. Přechází se na tento systém, nevím, kolik % už je takto světelných signalizací inovováno. Původně se spouštěla zvuková signalizace tlačítkem na semaforu.
Návrh tagu: sound_signals_for_demand.
Možná jsem to už někde využil. (neznal jsem postup návrhu tagů)

Přechody s ostrůvkem - tzv. dělené přechody.
Nevidomý může umlčet signalizaci pomocí tlačítka na semaforu na ostrůvku - stisk tlačítka ve směru jeho chůze umlčí zvukovou signalizaci na už projitém úseku za ním (může se stát ve výjimečné situaci, že protichodec takto může nevědomky umlčet stisknutím talčítka na ostrůvku dříve než nevidomý směr, část přechodu, po které chce nevidomý projít, tím, že stiskne netrpělivě tlačítko ve svém směru - nedokonalost systému). Zde by bylo také dobré mít nějaký tag pro split crossing with deactivation of audio signaling for the blind , ale přijde mi to na attribut tagu příliš dlouhé, takže nechám si poradit.

Děkuji. Miloš Šmíd

Have you seen the discussions here?

1 Like

Hello, thank you for the rich discussion on voiced transitions. Yes, you are right, it is a problem to map it if the mapper does not have a radio for the blind (VPN). As a visually impaired person, I own it, but I can’t map the thousands of transitions and intersections.
It is also true that somewhere the audio signal sounds continuously and somewhere else it doesn’t. It is moving to an on-demand signal solution, as the all-day clicking of traffic lights disturbs residents. Where the light transition is far from civilization, it remains for now, which also has its advantages in that not every visually impaired senior owns a VPN radio!
Why might it be important to map it? Blind people use navigation applications for orientation, for example I am in contact with the Chilean company Lazarillo, which draws data into the navigation application from OSM and is willing to check these recommended tags and make them available to blind users.
I’ll leave it up to you how the tag for the transition with sound activation for the blind should look like. There are crossings where there are not even classic pedestrian buttons and sound signaling works here on demand for the blind.
I would also like to draw your attention to the marking of the so-called divided transitions with an island and a button, which can be used to turn off the sound signaling for the blind in the direction already passed (not with a radio, but with a button on the post).
It will be a novelty, and perhaps already somewhere, that the traffic light sound will be activated even at night, when the traffic light is in “flashing orange” mode, for safety reasons.
Yes, I started dealing with marking traffic lights with sound system last year in the Hloubětín area in Prague (4 nodes).
Thank you also for the link to the list of sounding traffic lights.
Lists of sounding traffic lights are provided somewhere by administrators, but in Prague, for example, I was unable to obtain their list from TSK.
Thanks to all. Miloš

Dobrý den, děkuji za bohatou diskusi k ozvučeným přechodům. Ano, máte pravdu, je problém to zmapovat, pokud nemá mapér vysílačku pro nevidomé (VPN). Já ji jako slabozraký vlastním, ale nezvládnu zmapovat tisíce přechodů a křižovatek.
Je také pravda, že někde zvukový signál zní nepřetržitě a jinde ne. Přechází se k řešení signálu na vyžádání, protože celodenní cvakání semaforů ruší rezidenty. Tam, kde je světelný přechod daleko od civilizace, zůstává zatím ponechán, což má i své výhody v tom, že ne každý špatně vidící senior vlastní vysílačku VPN!
Proč to může být důležité zmapovat? Nevidomí používají k orientaci navigační aplikace, například jsem v kontaktu s chilskou firmou Lazarillo, která čerpá data do navigační aplikace právě z OSM a je ochotna tyto doporučené tagy kontrolovat a zpřístupňovat nevidomým uživatelům.
Jak by měl vypadat tag pro přechod se zvukovou aktivací pro nevidomé nechám na Vás. Existují přechody, kde nejsou ani klasická tlačítka pro chodce a funguje zde zvuková signalizace na vyžádání pro nevidomé.
Rád bych upřel Vaši pozornost i k označení tzv. dělených přechodů s ostrůvkem a tlačítkem, kterým lze zvukovou signalizaci nevidomým v už prošlém směru vypnout (ne vysílačkou, ale tlačítkem na sloupku).
Novinkou bude a možná už někde je, že aktivovat ozvučení semaforu půjde i v noci, když bude semafor v režimu „bliká oranžová", kvůli bezpečnosti přecházení.
Ano, s označováním semaforů s ozvučením jsem se začal zabývat vloni v oblasti Hloubětína v Praze (4 uzly).
Děkuji také za odkaz na seznam ozvučených semaforů.
Seznamy ozvučených semaforů někde poskytují správci, ale například v Praze se mi jejich seznam z TSK nepodařilo získat.
Díky všem. Miloš