Real time 3D map using WebGL

Good new, we released a new version of F4Maps with real time water reflection (when ground elevation is disabled), check it out on Manhattan

Bad new, latest Chrome (v32) does not support WebGL on Windows XP and Vista anymore. You can still force it (at your own risks) by enabling the Override software rendering list under chrome://flags/#ignore-gpu-blacklist.

Hi,
do you evaluate the direction tag for statues?
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key%3Adirection

or are they rendered to look to a random direction?

Power_tower are aligned with their matching power_line, other features are oriented randomly but we could handle direction key in the futur (i added a task for that)

[Edit: it will be handled for sculptures on next release]

For barrier=wall do you interpret materials or colors or is this planned?

Yes we handle color & material tags on barrier=wall with the same material name mapping as buildings.

Ok, great.

Sometimes walls are (partly) at an angle. Are there tags to handle this?

Hi. Is the rendering of multipolygons still support?
P.S. I mean segmented multipolygons which consists of many different parts (ways).

Examples from this page are supported
Examples from this page are not supported

cmif4 Thanks for the answer. I have problem with this area
All buildings (even simple parallelepiped) is not rendered.

Something there crash our building server, we’re working on a solution, please do not try to fix the area on OSM side we’re using it as a test case.

Now it’s alright. Thank you very much for fast reaction and solution! :slight_smile:

Hi cmif4,
what´s about rendering of changes? Do you have technical problems?
I try to teach some young people in this city
http://demo.map.f4-group.com/#lat=51.2201360&lon=18.5711863&zoom=18&camera.theta=69.4&camera.phi=44.404&goto_f4map=goto_f4map
how to make 3d models, but when we wait longer than 1 day for rendering, they re not especially enthusiastic… :confused:

Best regards,
Marek

hello !

We’ve been having problems with osm synchronisation since last week and are actively working on it.

Sorry for any inconvenience !

Could yuo inform us, when the problem is fixed?

For now the server is 5 days late on OSM synchronization, we’ll keep you informed here when we’ll found a solution.

Marek,
I haven’t tested it yet, but there is a JOSM plugin for 3D rendering: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Kendzi3d
I hope it can help in visualizing the results.

I’m sure Marek is already using Kendzi3D but he wants to see the result in F4Map for the other features.

Dear jgpacker, thank You for the information.
Kendzi has created this tool according to my specifications. We are good friends. :wink:

And yes: I would be happy to see changes 1 hours after modelling in F4Map.
Dear cmif4, what´s about incremental update?

We’re already doing incremental updates but our server is heavily charged by some evil processes that stuck the OSM Synchronization we’re gathering the alliance forces to get it away from our galaxy as soon as possible.

server is starting to catch up, it’s still 4 days late, and it should take approximately 4 days to catch up, so it should be in sync sometime during sunday :slight_smile: