Question of law

Hi

Can i be made accountable if somebody is going to breack one’s neck on a path that i have added to the map?

Regards
Markus

This will depend on where you are in the world, and which particular laws you are referring to, though I don’t think it is very likely.

It seems more likely that whoever is providing the OSM data or maps to the person that breaks their neck could be held accountable. The map provider should be using an appropriate disclaimer, and warnings etc if the map includes dangerous paths.
OpenStreetMap data is provided under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 license, which includes a disclaimer and limitation of liability. See http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenStreetMap:General_disclaimer

If you are just mapping paths that exist on the ground, I don’t think you can be held responsible. Though if it is a particularly rough/dangerous path, it is helpful to tag this appropriately, eg with sac_scale, surface, trail_visibility etc.

Though I am not a lawyer. If you want proper advice, you could try asking on the legal-talk mailing list.