Providing feedback to geofabrik.de

anybody has an open contact line to the geofabrik.de team?

in the past I have attempted to inform them of one case of false positives, but did not get ACK and the false positives are still there. All routes in the area have hail_and_ride segments. they also have sheltered bus stop, but that’s only a weather convenience.

now I also have a false negative.

false positive: a route being marked as invalid because of unknown role ‘hail_and_ride’

false negative: a route being marked as valid, despite the sequence of segments implies driving against a oneway road.

I’ve contributed #33 and #46 to the Issues · geofabrik/osmi_simple_views · GitHub site, but I’m not sure what goes on there. I’ve downloaded the code, to have a look at it and possibly propose a solution to my issues, and it seems that the whole route validating logic has not been published.

am I looking at the wrong place?

Yes. You were right in looking at the GitHub repo but chose the wrong one; the public transport views are powered by GitHub - geofabrik/osmi_pubtrans3: code which powers the "new" Public Transport view of OSM Inspector and not the “simple_views”.

4 Likes

thank you. it’s a bit of a pity that my two issues remained there misplaced and unnoticed, I’ll close them and reopen in the right repository.

1 Like

closed the two old misplaced issues, opened two new ones, provided a tentative patch for one of them.

2 Likes

@woodpeck? who’s watching that repository, who can review the pull requests, accept them or ask for improvements? I’ve implemented the two patches: 1) to recognize oneway roads (and see them as gaps in the route, if used in the opposite direction); 2) to accept the role hail_and_ride along the route.

If I’m asking this way, it’s because I see that another pull request, opened in February 2021, with someone pinging there in October 2021, is still there now in July 2022, not accepted and not reviewed.

I also have some technical questions regarding fine grained unit testing: the reports are very coarse, with just two tests and many cases inside of each of them.

1 Like

hi again. any hope someone reviews these pull requests?

https://github.com/geofabrik/osmi_pubtrans3/pulls