Problem in installing gosmore

I’ve been trying to install gosmore for quite some while now and I’ve been having problems in doing so, following is the error sequence i get on the terminal whenever i try installing gosmore . Please help me out with this. I am using Ubuntu 9.10.

rohit@ubuntu:~/gosmore$ make prefix=/usr
g++ -DCHILDREN=16 -O2 -DRES_DIR="/usr/share/gosmore/" -W -Wall pkg-config --cflags libxml-2.0 || echo -I /usr/include/libxml2 pkg-config --libs libxml-2.0 || echo -l xml2 -lz -lm
gosmore.cpp libgosm.cpp -o gosmore pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0 || echo -D HEADLESS
Package libxml-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing libxml-2.0.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'libxml-2.0' found Package libxml-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing libxml-2.0.pc’
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package ‘libxml-2.0’ found
Package gtk±2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing gtk+-2.0.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'gtk+-2.0' found /bin/sh: g++: not found make: *** [gosmore] Error 127 rohit@ubuntu:~/gosmore$ sudo make install g++ -DCHILDREN=16 -O2 -DRES_DIR=\"/usr/local/share/gosmore/\" -W -Wall pkg-config --cflags libxml-2.0 || echo -I /usr/include/libxml2 pkg-config --libs libxml-2.0 || echo -l xml2 -lz -lm\ gosmore.cpp libgosm.cpp -o gosmorepkg-config --cflags --libs gtk±2.0 || echo -D HEADLESSPackage libxml-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containinglibxml-2.0.pc’
No package ‘libxml-2.0’ found
Package libxml-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing libxml-2.0.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'libxml-2.0' found Package gtk+-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing gtk±2.0.pc’
No package ‘gtk±2.0’ found
/bin/sh: g++: not found
make: *** [gosmore] Error 127
rohit@ubuntu:~/gosmore$

Hi, in these days I have an eye more on the new Gosmore versions for Win32 and Windows Mobile, there are some installing issues at the moment, too. So I can’t help you by now.

As far as I know, the gosmore author Nic Roets is not really present in this forum. I have had success by opening bug tickets for gosmore in http://trac.openstreetmap.org (use your normal OSM account data for user name and password), or send him an email at his adress at gmail.com

Please report any success or failure, and when you find out some hints useful for everyone, let’s add this to the OSM-wiki page of gosmore.

Bye, Stephan

Gosmore out of today’s SVN is working without problems for me (Slackware 12.2).

svn co http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/rendering/gosmore/
cd gosmore
make prefix=/usr
su -c 'make install'
su -c ldconfig
cd
gosmore

I think you have to install the missing devel-packages of the listed and failing packages (e. g. g++, libxml-2.0, gtk±2.0) in your running Ubuntu …

flux.