Poland subcategory

Discord, as well as other chat-based platforms, are not a replacement for an “async” communication channel like a forum like this.

Both can co-exits and supplement each other, and Discourse can optimize for certain contributors who don’t have all the time to be online and scroll through the chat or need some time to read and reflect on their opinions :sweat_smile:

Hi if it’s possible I’d like to apply for moderation privileges here.
I am not moderator on current polish forum, however I have some spare time to do so. I believe my history of OSM activity is trustworthy.
I am engaged in Telegram community, was mentioned few times on WeeklyOSM, I am active user of current (old) forum and it’s first time since my activity (2020) where I can apply for so in migration time.
If it’s not correct place to apply please point where to do so.

2 Likes

I can vouch for kuba :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi, I confirm that I can continue both admin and polish moderator roles.

2 Likes

Thanks. Adding @kubahahaha and @kocio to the mod group.

@Mateusz_Konieczny is it possible if you edit the first message to include the list of mods usernames and the brief description for easy reference in the future?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Can I suggest you take this opportunity to update the Community Index page with this new category link?

You can do this by opening a new issue in their github repo, you might want to also provide update on existing channels for your community in case some have changed or are no longer used.

Cheers.

1 Like

Shouldn’t we wait for import from old forum as (as far as I understand) it’s not yet recommended to point here because site is under construction?

1 Like

The site is fully usable and in production, feel free to link or use it as your main channel.

I was pinged by rmikke - I agree to be the mod here just like I did in users: Poland on the old forum.

One question : how will be spam control implemented in the Discourse? Will it be similar in that mods would need to approve posts of new users?

1 Like

Thanks for commenting @RicoElectrico, I’ve added you to the Poland mods group.

Spam control is handled by different mechanisms:

• People need to create and login via OSM account.
  • New forum users have a lower trust level and can’t really spam much (links, rate limit…)
  • The flag button allows for community moderation, where enough reports from higher trust level users can hide posts until a moderator reviews the report.
  • As category-moderators you will have a review queue with all the posts flagged within the Poldan category.

Forgot to mention that it would be highly recommended to get the OSM Etiquette Guidelines localized in your country official languages, so people participating in your category can fully understand them.

This can be done on the wiki directly as other languages have already done.

Thanks!

Please set:

as the category logo

Can you link to the png file directly? Adding it as part of a message here breaks the transparency.

Thanks!

I have. I just put the image’s address here and Discourse replaced it with the actual image.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/images/thumb/1/16/OpenStreetMap_Poland_logo.svg/1024px-OpenStreetMap_Poland_logo.svg.png

The background doesn’t seem to be transparent for that one, which would be a problem for the dark theme. Can you fix it?

Thanks!

This is original SVG version:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/images/1/16/OpenStreetMap_Poland_logo.svg

GIMP says it’s transparent.

If the base background is white, even pngs with a transparent layer will result into a white background.

All the file versions on the wiki have a white background:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:OpenStreetMap_Poland_logo.svg

I’m not sure what else can I do.
The png file on the wiki page has transparent background, I have just downloaded it and opened with GIMP, no manipulation required.
Of course if the background is white you will see white, BECAUSE png has transparent background.
Here you can see the same image on dark background:

Weird, I’ve re-downloaded the wiki png and it’s working now with transparent background :sweat_smile:

Category logo updated.