osmc:symbol and shield

Hi,

I would like to have some information how route is marked and osmc:symbol seems to be good for this.
I red this thread here http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=11309 so it looks like it is not easy to be displayed.

This is a format of osmc:symbol … osmc:symbol=waycolor :background :foreground :foreground2 :text:textcolor
e.g. osmc:symbol=red:white:red_bar:FW:gray
What interests me is “waycolor” in this case “red”.
Then I can probably do something like this … {name '${red|highway-symbol:hbox} … Should this works?

How to set condition for first color in osmc:symbol?

regards

mira

Hi,

I am trying to have this in my relation file:

type=route & ( route=hiking | route=foot ) & network=iwn & osmc:symbol=‘[red:]*’
{
apply {
set iwn_from_relation=yes;
set waycolor=‘red’;
}
}

And this in my line file:

iwn_from_relation=yes {name ‘${waycolor|highway-symbol:oval}’} [0x0b resolution 18 continue]

But it is not working :frowning: … any better idea?

regards

mira

I use:

osmc:symbol ~ ‘red:.*’ in my relation file, and that works fine.

Thorsten

Many thanks … this works perfectly.

Now I am doing this in relation file:
type=route & ( route=hiking | route=foot ) & network=iwn & osmc:symbol=‘[red:]*’
{
apply {
set iwn_from_relation=yes;
set waycolor=‘red/${ref}’ | ‘${ref}’ | ‘red’;
}
}

And this in lines file:

iwn_from_relation=yes {name ‘${waycolor|highway-symbol:oval}’} [0x0b resolution 18 continue]

So if there are both (color and ref number) I should see them in shield. But I do not . I can see them in qlandkaregt, but not in Garmin unit.

Do I hitting some limit for number of characters in oval shield?
I also tried this to rise up number of characters
{name ‘${color-ref|highway-symbol:oval:13:11}’}
It is also not works even I know that string is not longer than 7 characters. (red/E10)

regards

mira

Good point!
Any combination of refs including the / symbol can only have a max length of 9 characters.Beyond that the shield disappears.
This is not documented but appears to be the case.
It is less problematic for bus routes ; hiking/cycling routes,however, due to the lengths of their refs are affected more strikingly.

Thank you for bringing a little bit of light on this :wink:

What mean these numbers 13:11 here ? I was actually just experimenting with them without knowing real meaning.
I just knew they should set maximum possible number of numbers and characters in shield.

{name ‘${color-ref|highway-symbol:oval:13:11}’}

regards

mira