OSM Wiki Thai translation

I’d like to help translate some OSM wiki pages into Thai. The Wiki Translation says I can just switch to edit mode but I can’t figure out how to do that. Any way to get started?

I don’t know how to help you with your translation project but as a long-time OSM mapper who lives in Chiang Mai and maps in Thailand, I want to encourage you to do this important work. Whenever new Thai mappers start mapping I’m sure it’s made very difficult because the Wiki is not available in the Thai language.

Wishing you well.

Dave

I guess you need to append the Th: prefix on the desired page manually; e.g. wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Get_help to wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/**Th:**Get_help. Then tap/click on create this page. Showcase your translation skills and save your work. The link to the Thai translation will then appear on the default English Wiki content.

That would be very helpful and a great initiative to bring more Thai mappers to the community :slight_smile:

I would suggest focusing on the Thailand wiki page which contains a summary of Thailand-specific guidelines and would be sufficient for most new mappers:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Thailand

The page only changes a few times a year so it would be easy to monitor and update the Thai content.

I think it would be too much effort to translate global wiki pages and keep track of their frequent changes.