[solved] OSM-Wiki: no updates found in "search" since August?

I did a search for a topic in OSM-Wiki and the response does not show changes made after August, 11 (in my example).

I know that there were changes and even new pages created after that date.

Example: Search results for "ptna" - OpenStreetMap Wiki gives 346 hits, there should be more and more recent ones.

It seems to be the same way for all the articles I looked at. For instance @Mateusz_Konieczny did a bot edit to a bunch of articles in late September, but they do not show up in the edit histories of the search results. As another example if I do a search for shop=motorcycle it says the last edit to the article was on 19 February 2022 when I edited it a few weeks ago. So there’s clearly something going on with the search pages or something. Maybe Mateusz Konieczny would know what the problem is. If not, I’d open an issue about it on their Github repository. Unfortunately I don’t have a link to it right now though.

1 Like

See Talk:Wiki - OpenStreetMap Wiki - it may be worth reporting Issues · openstreetmap/operations · GitHub but due to lack of Mediawiki experts I would not expect a resolution happening soon. https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/api.php?action=query&meta=siteinfo&siprop=statistics seems to indicate that job queue is again full, for whatever reason. Maybe someone can pinpoint when problems started? (I hope it was not triggered by that large scale bot edit that I did)

2 Likes

Let’s see if this helps: mediawiki: Do not throttle background runJobs · openstreetmap/chef@fa80e10 · GitHub

2 Likes

Yeah, seems to work partly now. The time stamps advanced towards September, 7.
However, new pages, as of last week, are no shown yet.

Might be un-related, but the website hasn’t been working for me at all for a while now since it can’t access the database or something :man_shrugging:

Changes as of yesterday (October, 30) are now visible. Thanks!

1 Like