Organised editing by PostNord in Sweden

Done. This second sentence serves only as a filler to reach the minimum post length.

Hi all,

Since this topic has been super active in the past days and talks about Sweden, I’ve moved it to #communities:se for consistency. The URL remains the same.

Thanks!

I assume their target is to pull roads up to addresses, and they just ignore the actual road network. It makes sense (in a bad way for OSM) since I assume they are working on the “snap” distance for addresses (which btw are not available freely in Sweden) to improve their door-to-door deliveries.

3 Likes

My view is that this was a VERY unfortunate decision, and I will try to list some thoughts

• I do not think I should have to read german to discuss these things.
  • Please next time try to discuss it in Swedish or English
  • No discussion about blocking has taken place in any forums that I am active in.
  • People who make changes to “your map” will always be bastards, especially if they make errors.
  • I’m very glad that @riiga and @AndersAndersson has had contact with PostNord.
  • I can only guess that it must have taken a lot of Riigas time and that is what make me most mad of what I have seen.
  • Thanks for DWG for reacting fast
  • I do not think a 12 month block was a good thing.

Lastly out change monitoring still REALLY sucks, I’m sure the Changeset Andersl linked above was really bad, but I really can’t tell from achavi nor osmcha,

PS. One Mapper from PostNord has been active on Facebook and asking questions.

2 Likes

I think a good comparison of PostNords behaviour is some years ago when a lot of beginners added parks everywhere because of a rumor that new Pokemons would pop up there. PostNord did the same. Just added things to the map for their own benefit (this we all does), but they where also taking a shit in everyone others dinner (this most of us try to avoid). We try to follow rules, we try to be polite, we try to discuss in changeset if we disagree of some changes. In this way we all contribute to a better map. PostNord did not.

Newbies make misstakes, that is no problem. Just inform them in a polite way in the changeset and they will hopefully learn and then make grwat contributions to the map.
PostNords user with 500 changesets still did plain stupid edits. And also deliberately adding things not found in the real world.

I’m not following you why you does not like the ban. I can not see how someone think they should be allowed to continue in this way. They showed no will to be better. Except for one user in the Facebook group. But this was a lot larger than her. The big problem was on management level.

2 Likes

I’ve started a mail thread on talk-se you are free to join there.

You are most probably wrong, there are very few people who have “no will to be better”, especially if one of them takes the time to post questions with a private Facebook account about work related issues AND answer pings late in the evening. I do agree that the problem is with management and that is the only reason I did not try to veto the ban, they just didn’t seem to know how to communicate with us.

There is nothing more to say. PostNord will have to come up with a response and explain the situation and how they mean to resolve the issues before the accounts are released.

Further speculation from us is unnecessary.

3 Likes

Please be aware that the original post was posted in the German community category in German language and was later shifted over to the Swedish one. That’s why you see different languages.

Apart from that you can push the globe symbol under a post to get an automatic translation anytime.

7 Likes

Please direct them to ask here instead of Facebook (which is a closed platform).

7 Likes

See the block message CK_PostNord blocked by woodpeck | OpenStreetMap

7 Likes

Have they not been in touch at all regarding an unblocking? Seems strange to create such a huge project and then just abandon it.

1 Like

I don’t have an answer to your question.
But for a company that are happy that 99% of all mail reach their recipient, that is not that surprising.
99% equals hundreds of thousand lost mail each year.
(I don’t remember the numbers exactly, just the jawdropping meaning of what PostNord actually said).