OpenStreetMap not editable in MAPS.me

Why i cannot edit the OpenStreetMap by the APP MAPS.me ?
I am loggedin with my account in the APP, and a couple months ago i could edit all data. Now i cannot.

1 Like

Hi.

Maps.me has strayed far from the initial project, I wouldn’t be surprised if they disabled OSM editing on purpose. It might also be a temporary error.

Organic Maps is a fork of maps.me, that does work.

Regards.

2 Likes

They didn’t disable it on purpose but they had a bug in their code which caused login to break when we made a change to the site. It was fixed in the Organic Maps fork but the original maps.me is basically unmaintained now and they never fixed it.

11 Likes

Having said that you should switch to https://organicmaps.app/ it was also the case that one could not edit the map if the downloaded data was old, supposedly to avoid having conflicts.
Try to download fresh map data.

2 Likes

Oddly I have seen Maps.me edits more recently than that.

Maybe new users cannot log in, but already logged in users can still edit the map.

2 Likes

Right, maps.me tried to automatically fill out the following “Authorize access to your account” form, which was no longer working after a particular change on the osm.org website. If your maps.me app still has client credentials stored locally, it will continue to function and edit the map. It will definitely no longer work once you remove it from your “OAuth1 settings” in your osm.org account.

2 Likes