Unfortunately, there was a MediaWiki update that broke the bot - the JWBF library which I use to access the OpenStreetMap wiki is strongly dependent on the version number of the MediaWiki installation. My initial attempts to fix the problem failed due to compatibility issues with more recent versions of that library. As I was busy writing my Master’s thesis at the time, I put fixing the bug off again and again. And now it’s months later and the bot still doesn’t work. I’m really sorry for that.
I guess I should dedicate this weekend to fixing my projects’ urgent issues. Let’s see whether I can’t make the bot run again.
Good news: The bot works again. I’ve had it run once today in order to catch up with the edits of the last few months, and it will resume its regular schedule tomorrow.
For those who are interested in the background: The main issue was a failure to compile the bot’s Scala code if the required classes from a .jar dependency made use of annotations. I ended up manually removing all problematic annotations, but obviously that’s just a workaround - I wonder why that issue exists in the first place.
Besides that, I did a lot of upgrades of various libraries, exchanged deprecated functions with their more modern counterparts and so on, but that was mostly to exclude these factors as potential reasons for the problem.