Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUM) license

Hi I’m in the US at the moment and was wondering, if it would be possible to use informations from the Motor Vehicle Use Maps the National Forrest Service provides (

I couldn’t find any license information, but I know that other government data (like TIGER) are usable for OSM.
I don’t want to draw all the ways based on there mapping, but it would be good for getting the way reference number.


I second this! MVUM maps (Forestry Service Maps) would be EXTREMELY useful. Not just for automobiles, but Adventure riders, Mountain Bike riders, Hikers, Campers, etc.