Missing pages on the wiki

This morning I found that my wiki user page is gone :unamused:. While looking for help on the wiki I noticed that other pages had disappeared :

• Spam
  • Press_Contacts

On these pages the history remains.

Could a wiki administrator look into this problem ?

1 Like

The topic from @ToniE might be related: "Santa Cruz County, California" vanished from OSM-Wiki w/o traces?

1 Like

Similar issue to me.

For a short period, I couldn’t access whole wiki.
Error message:

MediaWiki internal error.

Original exception: [d080b84b2f9fd5889ef3c8dd] 2023-01-15 10:30:23: Fatal exception of type “Wikimedia\Assert\ParameterTypeException”

Exception caught inside exception handler.

Set $wgShowExceptionDetails = true; at the bottom of LocalSettings.php to show detailed debugging information.

For now, access is back again (except for some missing pages).
But I’m not allowed to edit any page:

You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:

This page has been protected from editing because it is transcluded in the following page, which is protected with the “cascading” option turned on:

1 Like

According to one of the admins on IRC there’s a database update to the new version in progress.

8 Likes

Let’s hope that all is going well because the partial data loss does not look good. It would be nice to put some sort of alert on the wiki website during such downtimes. Not to leave people guessing as to why such things are happening.

7 Likes

Also See

2 Likes

Some mirrors and offline copies are listed at Offline or cached copies of the OpenStreetMap Wiki

1 Like

The migration is complete now and those pages are visible again.

3 Likes

Actually, it sounds from https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/santa-cruz-county-california-vanished-from-osm-wiki-w-o-traces/7889/6 that some post-migration editing is still taking place.

Yes, but my statement referred to map displays such as the one in Template:Slippymap only. The rest should work now.

1 Like

Yes, but also again: “search” does not show updates which have been made after the migration?