MapRoulette Users

Category name

MapRoulette

Is this top-level category or a subcategory?

If there is a tools category it should belong to that

Description of it’s purpose and which open mapping groups will serve

This will serve as a discussion forum for MapRoulette users, to ask questions about the application, the MapRoulette tasks, or to get help with creating tasks. Users can also suggest new features or discuss development topics.

Why this new category is needed instead of being hosted as part of the existing ones?

MapRoulette has its own dedicated user community

Is this a new space or it’s already existing in other platform(s)? Where?

There is currently a MapRoulette mailing list which is hardly used and has few subscribers. Furthermore there is a channel on Slack, a channel on Discord, and the Github issues.

What the current volume of messages in the former platform (per week/per month)

A few messages per day, combined.

Is there a transition plan for the old platform to this new one? (please link or describe)

The mailing list can be closed down as users migrate to this forum. The slack and discord channels will continue to exist, but will contain a link to this forum.

(Optional) A link or list of the category specific guidelines

List the usernames of the category moderators

Only mvexel for now.

4 Likes

Thanks for the request @mvexel Happy to see Maproulette interest in moving over here :slight_smile:

Is it possible for you get at least 1-2 additional users who can commit to help with the category moderation? (maybe from other project devs or trusted contributors) The time commitment should be fairy low.

We want to avoid depending on just one user to oversee categories.

Sure, let me ask around. I am confident I can get 2 more folks on board.
Thanks for all your work on this forum.

Martijn

1 Like

@mvexel now that we have a #general talk category, can I suggest you use it initially to post about MapRoulette topics there and tag these topics with the #maproulette tag?

People can subscribe to any MapRoulette topic from the #maproulette tag page and also create topics from there directly.

This way we can observe the volume of traffic to inform what the best approach for a category. We can later move all topics with that tag under a separate category if needed.

Would that work for you?

Cheers.

1 Like

Sounds good. Thanks Rubén.

1 Like

9 posts were split to a new topic: Reaching our to MapRoulette communities

:wave:t2: I’d be happy to pitch in with moderation.