[MapRoulette] Request for comments: Liking and Flagging challenges

Thanks for the documentation.

A maproulette hashtag is not sufficient. I prefer solution like for the HOT Tasking manager where the host key is added to the tags with information about the project + map/validate info (HOT Tasking Manager). MapRoulette and OSM could be better integrated providing details with the host key (example: https://maproulette.org/api/v2/challenge/77/nextTask/53906) . This would let the comment key for the osm contributor.

That’s a shame. Up til now I’ve been looking for changesets with a changeset comment that matches the suggested comment in maproulette. An example changeset is here, but that seem unrelated to the maproulette description, even though the comment mathes - presumably because “#fix-osmcha-detection #maproulette” matches lots of chllenges.

note that it works only when person creating MR thing decided to fill default changeset comment and people editing based on MR instructions have not deleted/replaced it

What is happening once challenge is flagged and report issue is created at github?

As far as I can see at Issues · maproulette/challenge-reports · GitHub reporting has no effect whatsoever.

1 Like

At this moment it’s self-governing. The challenge maintainer gets an email with the github link to engage with the person who added the flag. From there on it’s a public discussion between the author and the flagger. If that does not work out there’s the Maproulette team (basically, me) and the DWG to mediate, but capacity of both is limited.

If people want to step up and help out with building a process and volunteer as “moderators” that would be great.

They get emails for challenge comments as well, and a flag usually arrives when comments are not addressed. If someone ignored the comments, will ignore the flag as well probably.

I think a solution could be to immediately make a challenge non-discoverable when flagged, if the creator wants it to be discoverable again, they have to finally address the discussion.

3 Likes

This is something we’re considering. Thanks for the suggestion.

2 Likes