Hello OSM Georgia,
I’m Andrew Wiseman with Apple’s Maps team. We recently used our Atlas data analysis tool (https://github.com/osmlab/atlas) to look at a few types of potential issues, such as building-road intersections, highway link roads that don’t have the correct classifications, road angles that are too sharp, roads that are disconnected from the rest of the road network, places where navigation is impossible due to missing connections or potentially incorrect one way roads, and others. I’ve posted the results of those checks on MapRoulette, a tool that lets you go through potential issues one by one and either correct them or indicate they are not a problem. I wanted to let you know they are available in case others wanted to try fixing some of them — I also plan to go through some of them myself.
In MapRoulette you can either pick a random task to fix or click on a specific one. If you want to do tasks around a certain location, such as somewhere you are familiar with, you can click “Edit layout,” “More options” then “load tasks by proximity.”
The checks are:
- Georgia Building-Road Intersection: https://maproulette.org/challenge/3975
- Georgia Connectivity check: https://maproulette.org/challenge/3976
- Georgia Crossing Ways: https://maproulette.org/challenge/3977
- Georgia Floating Edge: https://maproulette.org/challenge/3978
- Georgia Malformed Roundabout: https://maproulette.org/challenge/3979
- Georgia Road Links: https://maproulette.org/challenge/3980
- Georgia Sharp Angle Roads: https://maproulette.org/challenge/3981
- Georgia Sink Islands/Impossible Navigation: https://maproulette.org/challenge/3982
Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback.