This is Andrew again from the Apple Maps team. We recently used our Atlas data analysis tool (https://github.com/osmlab/atlas) to look at a few types of potential issues related to roads and routing in North Macedonia, such as roads that have overly sharp angles, roads that cross but don’t connect, routing problems, turn restrictions, places where navigation is impossible due to missing connections or potentially incorrect one-way roads, and other similar issues.
I’ve posted the results of those checks on MapRoulette, a tool that lets you go through potential issues one by one and either correct them or indicate they are not a problem. I wanted to let you know they are available in case others wanted to try fixing some of them — I also plan to go through some of them myself.
In MapRoulette you can either pick a random task to fix or click on a specific one. If you want to do tasks around a certain location, such as somewhere you are familiar with, you can click on one from the map view, and then click Next task: Nearby when you finish it.
The checks are:
- North Macedonia impossible routing: https://maproulette.org/browse/challenges/8765
- North Macedonia sharp road angles: https://maproulette.org/browse/challenges/8762
- North Macedonia crossing roads: https://maproulette.org/browse/challenges/8768
- North Macedonia connectivity check: https://maproulette.org/browse/challenges/8769
- North Macedonia invalid turn restrictions: https://maproulette.org/browse/challenges/8764
Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.